Bodyguard?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so for a long time I have always wanted a high paced job that isn't working in a office and I would love to be able to become a bodyguard the one problem is how do I go about it?

People keep telling me I should go into the military or police whilst others talk about SIA licences etc... Which would get my career to go further?

Im looking to do close protection which I think is guarding VIPs. I don't care about the travelling, im also 6'4 and a big build.

Also is it a hard career to get into and would I even have a chance at protecting big names as I go further into my career. Im currently at sixth form and any advice would be a god send thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The very top body guards are ex military, mostly special operations units. Additionally, they mostly go into this career when they're looking to do something after the military, as opposed to a direct path.

So if you want to become a body guard then go into the military, get into spec ops, hone your skills and then you'll have the skills and experience that's required for high ranking bodyguards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    The very top body guards are ex military, mostly special operations units. Additionally, they mostly go into this career when they're looking to do something after the military, as opposed to a direct path.

So if you want to become a body guard then go into the military, get into spec ops, hone your skills and then you'll have the skills and experience that's required for high ranking bodyguards.
    So its pointless unless I go into the military?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMF1)
    You could be a bodyguard without military experience, but not for VIPs. There's a lot of ex-military personnel who go into personal security, so if you dont have the same training and experience you won't be worth it from the clients point of view, nor might you be able to take on the challenges should they arise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMF1)
    Just a side note, going into the military just because you want to become a bodyguard is a very stupid thing to do.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.