Anyone else wish they could go back 10 years but stay the same age?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really wish I was born 10 years earlier, it would have made life so much easier. No constant meddling with our education system which would make exams much easier and not always trying to trip you up like nowadays (if you want to see what I mean just look at some 2006 papers they're so much more straightforward than nowadays), also they wouldn't make politically motivated changes to the remark system which makes it much harder to get an incorrect mark changed.

Additionally, there wouldn't be all these racist Brexiters running the country who will wreck the economy due to xenophobia making it way harder for me to get a decent job. Instead, we had a competent government under Tony Blair one of our greatest PM's who introduced measures to actually help students like EMA (which the tories scrapped) and kept tuition fees at 3 grand a year. Also, there weren't all these smartphones making everyone anti social as hell.

Let's face it, 10 years was a much better time to be alive.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about MSN today actually and how people would talk on there... in that way, I'd rather be living now than 10 years ago but you raise a good point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I was thinking about MSN today actually and how people would talk on there... in that way, I'd rather be living now than 10 years ago but you raise a good point.
    I miss MSN

ReputationRep:
    meh it would still change at some point. i always say learn to just go with the flow. sure its crap now but hey ho

ReputationRep:
    I'd actually prefer to have been born 10 years later.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.