transfer from architecture to graphic design Watch

jama mj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hi there, im looking for some advice on transferring from architecture to graphic design, I've completed the first year in architecture but the second year didn't work out. i remember being told when applying and interviewing for architecture that my portfolio looked a lot more like that of a graphic designer than an architect but i went through with going into architecture anyway. im now looking to apply for graphic design in 2017 and i meet the entry requirements with no real issues. i would like to know if there is a way of transferring my first year credits to graphic design as it was under the same faculty or if i would have to start the course from scratch? thanks.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jama mj)
hi there, im looking for some advice on transferring from architecture to graphic design, I've completed the first year in architecture but the second year didn't work out. i remember being told when applying and interviewing for architecture that my portfolio looked a lot more like that of a graphic designer than an architect but i went through with going into architecture anyway. im now looking to apply for graphic design in 2017 and i meet the entry requirements with no real issues. i would like to know if there is a way of transferring my first year credits to graphic design as it was under the same faculty or if i would have to start the course from scratch? thanks.
You'd need to speak to the university concerned to see if they're willing to count your previous study against your first year credits or not.

There's a chance it might be compatible but it will depend on how similar the two courses are and whether the university considers you to be prepared to start a Graphic Design course in year 2.
jama mj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
You'd need to speak to the university concerned to see if they're willing to count your previous study against your first year credits or not.

There's a chance it might be compatible but it will depend on how similar the two courses are and whether the university considers you to be prepared to start a Graphic Design course in year 2.
will do, thanks very much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?