Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When is it better to start a open university degree Febuary are October are does it not really matter because I've heard if you start in Febuary modules and exams overlap .

ReputationRep:
    I asked Student Services a similar question the other week. They said that February modules typically have their exams in September. The specific modules I was after wrapped up by mid-September. The autumn-presentation modules won't start until October. But there's not much of a break between modules that way.

The over-lapping occurs if you start one module in October, which will run through June, and then start another in February. From February to June, you'll have some modules on their last half including exams, and others in their first half at the same time.

Starting a module in February doesn't make much of a difference either way if you didn't start any the previous October, with the exception of down-time between modules. (Not all modules have a February presentation, so it may or may not be possible to start in February every year.)

Student Services would be happy to answer specifics related to your course and the modules you're considering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyCynic)
    I asked Student Services a similar question the other week. They said that February modules typically have their exams in September. The specific modules I was after wrapped up by mid-September. The autumn-presentation modules won't start until October. But there's not much of a break between modules that way.

The over-lapping occurs if you start one module in October, which will run through June, and then start another in February. From February to June, you'll have some modules on their last half including exams, and others in their first half at the same time.

Starting a module in February doesn't make much of a difference either way if you didn't start any the previous October, with the exception of down-time between modules. (Not all modules have a February presentation, so it may or may not be possible to start in February every year.)

Student Services would be happy to answer specifics related to your course and the modules you're considering.

Thanks for information now I've been told if I start in February it could affect student finance further down the line because I would be doing one module from Feb-Sep then the next module from Sep-Jun think I might just start degree next Sep at the beginning of academic year.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.