The Student Room Group

A-level choices help?

Hi,
I'm in year 11 and have an A-level choices evening this week. Most people in my year have a very good idea of their A-level choices. I'm not great at maths but i'm in top set for my languages (french and german) and top set for bio,chem and phys. I'm not interested in any of the sciences for A-level and even though i'm good at languages they're starting to bore me. I was thinking about economics but i don't think i'm good enough at maths. I would only do economics AS but because of the new A-Level system at my school I have to do three two year courses so I don't drop a subject after a year. I do history and RS as my other option subjects if that's any help. I'm not great at english either.Any ideas?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Alisaurus Cats so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

maybe you could do languages - i studied both french and german at gcse and i'm now doing both at a level and the a level is way more interesting. they're definitely worth considering bc they're a really good a level to have!
i don't know how much maths is in economics but if it's something you enjoy then i'm sure you can find a way to work around it.
Original post by ILB2014
Hi,
I'm in year 11 and have an A-level choices evening this week. Most people in my year have a very good idea of their A-level choices. I'm not great at maths but i'm in top set for my languages (french and german) and top set for bio,chem and phys. I'm not interested in any of the sciences for A-level and even though i'm good at languages they're starting to bore me. I was thinking about economics but i don't think i'm good enough at maths. I would only do economics AS but because of the new A-Level system at my school I have to do three two year courses so I don't drop a subject after a year. I do history and RS as my other option subjects if that's any help. I'm not great at english either.Any ideas?

History is a largly easey bassed subject- is it not allittle if you are not very good at english?
If you are so good at languages do one as your third choise.
The only maths in a-level economics is basic calculations, percentages etc and some simple graphs and charts. Primary school level stuff tbh, maybe year 7/8 level at the most. If the only thing that's stopping you from picking it is that you don't think you're good enough at maths, that's really a non-issue, just go ahead and do it.

Quick Reply

Latest