Extracurriculars and personal statement? Watch

ehidk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm hoping to apply for languages at Cambridge and Edinburgh, amongst others. I was just wondering how heavily they (in particular) look at extracurriculars (eg house captain, duke of edinburgh, sport at a high level) as I don't have enough space to include these on my personal statement. My referee said she'd include these in her reference...will this be okay?
Thanks for your help!
Charlotte's Web
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ehidk)
I'm hoping to apply for languages at Cambridge and Edinburgh, amongst others. I was just wondering how heavily they (in particular) look at extracurriculars (eg house captain, duke of edinburgh, sport at a high level) as I don't have enough space to include these on my personal statement. My referee said she'd include these in her reference...will this be okay?
Thanks for your help!
This is fine, there is no sense in repeating things in your personal statement and reference as this is a waste of characters. Unless there is some way they link very heavily to the course you are intending to study, they are unnecessary.*
ehidk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte49)
This is fine, there is no sense in repeating things in your personal statement and reference as this is a waste of characters. Unless there is some way they link very heavily to the course you are intending to study, they are unnecessary.*
okay thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1489)
79.58%
Leave (382)
20.42%

Watched Threads