Friends? What friends?

ReputationRep:
    Two of my so-called friends are doing their own thing this weekend. One of them had a birthday party, two awesome parties and a buffet. The other guy went abroad and is visiting an awesome game show, after that a tuning show and then he will hit up a friend's house for some fast food and gaming.

And all the while I ask myself: If these guys are my friends then why in the ****ing hell don't I ever get invited?

It's quite simple: they are not my friends. ****ing sick of this ****. Every weekend I have nothing to do. Nothing!! I am living a lifeless life!

Am I hanging out with the wrong people? Why does it have to be so cumbersome for someone to invite me to their home or to simply, you know, just ****ing call me or text me to hang out?! Why wasn't this a problem in the 80's and 90's?! Huh?! What the **** man, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    They've fallen out with you, pure and simple. If you're good at making friends you'll easily forget about them after a while

ReputationRep:
    make new friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    They've fallen out with you, pure and simple. If you're good at making friends you'll easily forget about them after a while
    I am terrible at making friends. <3 <3 <3

ReputationRep:
    Same stuff here mate, but to be fair my friends do have a few reasons (I declined requests before and they're drinking and I don't want to),

Give them a chance and just invite them to something, then laugh, act cool and hopefully they'll become friendly again Also watch what you say, I didn't notice that I used to always tell people they were doing so and so wrong, maybe you act like that in some way.

ugh same stuff used to happen to me. in fact, they made plans right in front of me, like I'm a worthless piece of ****. really killed my confidence every ****ing time. so i finally decided to just go make friends with nicer people. my life's better now at sixth form than it ever was at normal school for the past 13 years my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainJuice)
    I didn't notice that I used to always tell people they were doing so and so wrong, maybe you act like that in some way.
    I do that all the time bro, all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ugh same stuff used to happen to me. in fact, they made plans right in front of me, like I'm a worthless piece of ****. really killed my confidence every ****ing time. so i finally decided to just go make friends with nicer people. my life's better now at sixth form than it ever was at normal school for the past 13 years my life.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad it worked out for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 571122)
    I do that all the time bro, all the time.
    So try to stop mate, it'll make you way more likable.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Have you ever bought a piece of work and submitted it as your own?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.