Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have sent of a doctors note as to why i could not continue my studies last year as my support evidence due to stress, anxiety and depression, i have not heard anything back from student finance its been 4 weeks since i sent them my supporting evidence i have received my maintenance loan but not my grant and tuition fees as they are blocked till my CPR are assessed and approved for another year. i studied at university A for a year then moved to University B with a new course and now i am back at university A starting the same course i was intending to go into 2nd year but because of the modules changing and no more exams within the course i was told i have to resit the year
    could someone please guide me as to what to expect i am currently in university i have started my semester but just waiting upon student finance what happens if they don't approve and under what circumstances can they not give me the tuition fees and grant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanzeelumaar)
    i have sent of a doctors note as to why i could not continue my studies last year as my support evidence due to stress, anxiety and depression, i have not heard anything back from student finance its been 4 weeks since i sent them my supporting evidence i have received my maintenance loan but not my grant and tuition fees as they are blocked till my CPR are assessed and approved for another year. i studied at university A for a year then moved to University B with a new course and now i am back at university A starting the same course i was intending to go into 2nd year but because of the modules changing and no more exams within the course i was told i have to resit the year
    could someone please guide me as to what to expect i am currently in university i have started my semester but just waiting upon student finance what happens if they don't approve and under what circumstances can they not give me the tuition fees and grant?
    Telephone them quoting your customer reference number and ask for an update on the status of your application? If your application isn't accepted you will probably have to withdraw from university until you can raise the funds to do first year again. You will likely receive maintenance loans but tuition fees will not be paid for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Telephone them quoting your customer reference number and ask for an update on the status of your application? If your application isn't accepted you will probably have to withdraw from university until you can raise the funds to do first year again. You will likely receive maintenance loans but tuition fees will not be paid for
    i have called them a numerous of times and every single time i call them they have a different excuse i never have had the same answer its just stories after stories and false dates which they give me but nothing is happening they have received the evidence, and its been processed onto their database but nothing more to it i even got told once that the evidence isnt sufficient enough so i sent a cover letter detailed and also a letter from my counselor

ReputationRep:
    i have called them a numerous of times and every single time i call them they have a different excuse i never have had the same answer its just stories after stories and false dates which they give me but nothing is happening they have received the evidence, and its been processed onto their database but nothing more to it i even got told once that the evidence isnt sufficient enough so i sent a cover letter detailed and also a letter from my counselor
    They are correct, in order to claim Compelling Personal reasons you do have to send a cover letter with relevant evidence preferably by recorded delivery so that they can begin to assess your claim. How long ago did you send the cover letter? I've read on TSR it should take about 14 days

ReputationRep:
    They are correct, in order to claim Compelling Personal reasons you do have to send a cover letter with relevant evidence preferably by recorded delivery so that they can begin to assess your claim. How long ago did you send the cover letter? I've read on TSR it should take about 14 days
    they had all the letters, all the evidence etc delivered to them and processed onto their system by the 6th of September

ReputationRep:
    they had all the letters, all the evidence etc delivered to them and processed onto their system by the 6th of September
    Hm... That's kind of awkward but there's nothing much you can really do now except wait now as you've done everything you can. Do you have a contingency plan in place in case they reject your CPR?

ReputationRep:
    Hm... That's kind of awkward but there's nothing much you can really do now except wait now as you've done everything you can. Do you have a contingency plan in place in case they reject your CPR?
    i know im going to give them a call tomorrow again and then pass the case over to the university help desk so they can contact student finance on my behalf and see what they have to say. and yeah ive got the money for the funding for my first year available but they have no reason as to why they should not approve my application they have all the supporting evidence in hand :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi did you get the extra funding as I'm in similar circumstances this year x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.