What do you do if you have a housemate who speaks loudly, is unhygienic, and ..

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I rent a small apartment with 2 others house mates, one of them is from L****, he talks loudly whether its to his visiting friends or on phone even if it is midnight (its a small apartment, everyone can hear you speak if you raise your voice). And he also doesn't clean up after cooking or at all. And he doesn't pay the electric bills either but he always keep the lights on and doesn't turn off (utilities are shared among housemates) with the excuse that his country is at war and money can't come through (strange cause somehow he can pay the rent) . I tried talking to him but its difficult because he speaks very little english.

Its ruining my quality of life and driving me crazy.

sorry for using TSR to rant.

edit: btw i complained to the landlord and the landlord agrees to pay his share of utility bill with his rent.

ReputationRep:
    Have you talked to him about how loud he speaks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    I rent a small apartment with 2 others house mates, one of them is from L****, he talks loudly whether its to his visiting friends or on phone even if it is midnight (its a small apartment, everyone can hear you speak if you raise your voice). And he also doesn't clean up after cooking or at all. And he doesn't pay the electric bills either but he always keep the lights on and doesn't turn off (utilities are shared among housemates) with the excuse that his country is at war and money can't come through. I tried talking to him but its difficult because he speaks very little english.

Its ruining my quality of life and driving me crazy.

sorry for using TSR to rant.

edit: btw i complained to the landlord and the landlord agrees to pay his share of utility bill with his rent.
    Tell him to shut the **** up and muck in or he's out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Have you talked to him about how loud he speaks?
    I tried but it's hard to get the message across, his English is very poor and I can only guess. I don't understand how people survive in this country without speaking English tbh. Sometimes he would lower his voice, and then speak loudly again later. It's a habit I believe. Do all people from his culture always this loud

ReputationRep:
    What does 'do all people from his culture always this loud' mean?!

You clearly have problems with the fact that he's foreign, that he doesn't pay for things, that his voice is too loud and that he leaves lights on. I suggest you move out if you're that unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    What does 'do all people from his culture always this loud' mean?!

You clearly have problems with the fact that he's foreign, that he doesn't pay for things, that his voice is too loud and that he leaves lights on. I suggest you move out if you're that unhappy.
    I still have a contract and it's costly to move out now. If he is still around when my contract ends i definitly will move out.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.