cat or dog person

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    should I get a cat or a dog ? reason for and against please !

ReputationRep:
    Cog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Cog
    Are they available at pets at home ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starbrace)
    should I get a cat or a dog ? reason for and against please !
    This isn't something we can decide for you, getting a pet is a big responsibility! You've got to be prepared to look after it, spend money on it (food, toys, vets bills etc), take time out of your day for it (walking - if you get a dog, fussing and playing etc). Also consider whether your home is suitable for a cat or dog, both need space to roam around and explore, even indoor cats. Lifestyle is an important factor too, if you're going to be away from home a lot, then a cat may be a better choice than a dog as cats are generally more independent. You should get a pet because you like the animal and want to take care of it

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your circumstances tbh. If you tend to be out throughout the day at work, uni etc for long hours then a cat would be better as they are with their own company and with other cats but dogs need to be walked and are generally, more needy but that isn't a bad thing if you have the time for them. If you don't have a big house or have a garden, then cats would be better then too. Dogs are better in a family home in my opinion when there is usually mostly someone home all or most of the time.

Both make great pets, I'm just more of a cat person myself ::p:p both are loving, despite what a lot of people say about cats being unable to show or feel love. Neither are too expensive to have but I would recommend insuring them and maybe keeping some money away in case of emergencies regarding them.

Whatever animal you go for, I would recommend that you check out your local animal shelter instead of going to breeders. RSPCA, Cats Protection etc have animals from kittens/puppies up to adult animals and the adoption fee is usually around £50 and for that you get the animal spayed if they haven't been already, they are protected against worms and fleas and the money from the adoption fee goes straight to looking after the rest of the animals in the shelter. I've adopted all my cats as well as dogs in the past and they were never 'damaged goods' like a lit of people seem to think animals in shelters are. As they say - adopt, don't shop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    This isn't something we can decide for you, getting a pet is a big responsibility! You've got to be prepared to look after it, spend money on it (food, toys, vets bills etc), take time out of your day for it (walking - if you get a dog, fussing and playing etc). Also consider whether your home is suitable for a cat or dog, both need space to roam around and explore, even indoor cats. Lifestyle is an important factor too, if you're going to be away from home a lot, then a cat may be a better choice than a dog as cats are generally more independent. You should get a pet because you like the animal and want to take care of it
    I love going out running so I guess a dog would like to come with me ? I go like two tims a day is that enough ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starbrace)
    Are they available at pets at home ?
    Possibly

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.