Are guys who have to live with their parents a huge turn off?

ReputationRep:
    In the present state the UK is in a lot of guys in their twenties like me are forced to live with their parents. It really sucks.

One question i'm asked by women sometimes is where do i live? I see there no point in lying because what am i going to to do after i lie about living in sone nice city centre apartment? There's a huge expectation and assumption every guy has his own place.

Living at home i feel is really affecting my sex life (i'm currently single). I mean it seems women are turned off by a man who has to live with their parents anyway and plus i respect my mum. I could never bring a woman home at 3am in the morning. I'd get booted out for it also.

I'm imagining for women who are forced to live at home it's not even that bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have the same mindset irregardless of gender; I don't see what the problem with it is, so long as they are actively working towards their independence. If people want to judge you for it, then fine...they're not a fit for you. There's plenty of others who won't judge and will be fine with it.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see why it would be tbh. I'm gonna be living at home for the next few years. But I'm saving up to buy my own house. I guess if a guy came across as incredibly lazy and unambitious, it may be a factor but don't see it as the end all and be all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    One question i'm asked by women sometimes is where do i live? I see there no point in lying because what am i going to to do after i lie about living in sone nice city centre apartment?
    Isn't asking 'Where do you live?' a different question to 'What do you live in'?

You're giving the answer for the second question as the answer for the first.
    :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    If they make a good Sunday lunch , that's totally fine ! is anyone having a sunday lunch today ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starbrace)
    If they make a good Sunday lunch , that's totally fine ! is anyone having a sunday lunch today ?
    Nah, the whole traditional Sunday roast and Yorkshire puddings thing isn't my bag. Sunday's a normal day to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by starbrace)
    kinda but not really. I think we're having pork shoulder :dontknow: which is kinda roast but not a roast lol. Great answer I know

ReputationRep:
    What's the problem with living "at home"? Depending upon where you live, it is the number one living expense (by far).

One might argue that instead you could keep costs down by living with other people (very common in Germany for example, WGs Wohngemeinschaften, or living communities) or with friends, but from my own experience, coming home from work to your own place and actually feeling at home is a pretty important factor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    In the present state the UK is in a lot of guys in their twenties like me are forced to live with their parents. It really sucks.

One question i'm asked by women sometimes is where do i live? I see there no point in lying because what am i going to to do after i lie about living in sone nice city centre apartment? There's a huge expectation and assumption every guy has his own place.

Living at home i feel is really affecting my sex life (i'm currently single). I mean it seems women are turned off by a man who has to live with their parents anyway and plus i respect my mum. I could never bring a woman home at 3am in the morning. I'd get booted out for it also.

I'm imagining for women who are forced to live at home it's not even that bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to live independent from my parents but now due to me doing my masters (which cost me a fortune) I moved back in with them so I could concentrate on my studies.

Ive found it to be a huge turn off for guys which I was surprised about. Ah well.

When I do move back out again, it'll be hell to find somewhere as Ill have a dog with me this time.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Although I tend to go for older secure men, I once had a crush on a guy who lived at home.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Have you ever bought a piece of work and submitted it as your own?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.