Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I'm tired of school.

ReputationRep:
    Im 15 yrs old btw, Sigh I'm not just being a whiny teenager I actually can't be asked anymore its so boring getting up everyday of the working week on a cold dreary Monday waiting at that Bus Stop, do Maths, do PE, do English, while conforming to the social hierarchy of Secondary School. Looking outside the classroom window just bored of the same old Routine looking for more, adventure just something interesting. I wish I was a bird so I can just fly to the Bahamas and just not worry about GCSEs, its like I'm speaking but no one is actually hearing me.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a case of all work and no play making you feel a dull boy.

You need to join a fun society - a drama club, learn to salsa, take up a new sport - take cookery classes. You'll meet people who aren't doing academic work and they'll help you put things into perspective.

Another ploy is to go and volunteer in a Old People's Home or take your dog /cat / guinea for them to see. Do some paired reading with 6 year olds who are having trouble.

Anything , in other words, that takes you out of yourself and opens up new horizons. Get job in a local shop or cafe. A change is as good as a rest.( A lot better actually and you'll attack your school work with more zest .) It may also get you to think more widely about what you want to do with your life. Many young people have a problem knowing what they want to study etc. and widening your experiences will help with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pickup)
    It sounds like a case of all work and no play making you feel a dull boy.

You need to join a fun society - a drama club, learn to salsa, take up a new sport - take cookery classes. You'll meet people who aren't doing academic work and they'll help you put things into perspective.

Another ploy is to go and volunteer in a Old People's Home or take your dog /cat / guinea for them to see. Do some paired reading with 6 year olds who are having trouble.

Anything , in other words, that takes you out of yourself and opens up new horizons. Get job in a local shop or cafe. A change is as good as a rest.( A lot better actually and you'll attack your school work with more zest .) It may also get you to think more widely about what you want to do with your life. Many young people have a problem knowing what they want to study etc. and widening your experiences will help with this.
    I've joined many clubs in the past, and have tried taking up many hobbies but I still feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Im 15 yrs old btw, Sigh I'm not just being a whiny teenager I actually can't be asked anymore its so boring getting up everyday of the working week on a cold dreary Monday waiting at that Bus Stop, do Maths, do PE, do English, while conforming to the social hierarchy of Secondary School. Looking outside the classroom window just bored of the same old Routine looking for more, adventure just something interesting. I wish I was a bird so I can just fly to the Bahamas and just not worry about GCSEs, its like I'm speaking but no one is actually hearing me.
    i am 15 aswell and feel the exact same way, too much stress from gcse's and everyday is the same routine for me swell which is boring af, and now my school has decided its best to finish school at 4:30 when it normally finished at 3:30!!

I feel for you guys.
    When I was in high school, I hated every min of it. Like I didn't want to go back. I was counting how many days I had left till I finished school.
    I swear college is a lot more fun. You'll like it, Lot more time to yourself.
    If I was you, I would start to think about which courses you're going to pick at college and start to plan your future. That should keep you going.
    Good luck in your GCSE's btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeedLotsOfHelp)
    i am 15 aswell and feel the exact same way, too much stress from gcse's and everyday is the same routine for me swell which is boring af, and now my school has decided its best to finish school at 4:30 when it normally finished at 3:30!!
    Yes someone who can relate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Yes someone who can relate!
    haha yh I'm pretty sure thats every single 15 year old right now tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    I feel for you guys.
    When I was in high school, I hated every min of it. Like I didn't want to go back. I was counting how many days I had left till I finished school.
    I swear college is a lot more fun. You'll like it, Lot more time to yourself.
    If I was you, I would start to think about which courses you're going to pick at college and start to plan your future. That should keep you going.
    Good luck in your GCSE's btw
    ugh i feel like that right now, and thank you!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.