Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Need help getting a reference

ReputationRep:
    I am 21 so I can't get a reference from my old school. I am also a private student so their is no one that I know of along those's lines. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what my other options are?

ReputationRep:
    You should still be able to get a reference from your old school, but obviously you'll need to update them on what you've done since leaving for it to be mentioned. Otherwise if you work your manager should be able to write it (but as they are (probably) not a teacher it won't hold as much weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshuaj1995)
    I am 21 so I can't get a reference from my old school. I am also a private student so their is no one that I know of along those's lines. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what my other options are?
    You can use anyone in a position of authority. So you could use a manager or supervisor from work if applicable. If you've done volunteering then you could use that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can use anyone in a position of authority. So you could use a manager or supervisor from work if applicable. If you've done volunteering then you could use that.
    I take it that family members won't work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshuaj1995)
    I take it that family members won't work?
    No.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.