Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Awkward Encounters Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I've recently started a mixed sixth-form which was a really scary experience for me as I've come from an all girls school. I've made loads of friends boys and girls but there is one boy that I really like and I can't speak to him because he makes me feel really nervous and it's gotten round to him that I think he is good looking. I really want to speak to him but I'm finding it really difficult and he is part of the popular gang (but he is so friendly-so i've heard anyway). He is in my form but other than that we have no lessons together and when I get the confidence to talk to him his friends come and then I can't talk to him. And we follow each other on Instagram but we have had like a 3 second conversation ...I think that's so awkward.

I really need help on what to talk to him about because like I said we have no lessons together and we haven't spoken that much to know what he likes. I don't want to be gf or anything I just wanna be his friend but i'm finding making the first step hard.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebbieRose)
    So basically, I've recently started a mixed sixth-form which was a really scary experience for me as I've come from an all girls school. I've made loads of friends boys and girls but there is one boy that I really like and I can't speak to him because he makes me feel really nervous and it's gotten round to him that I think he is good looking. I really want to speak to him but I'm finding it really difficult and he is part of the popular gang (but he is so friendly-so i've heard anyway). He is in my form but other than that we have no lessons together and when I get the confidence to talk to him his friends come and then I can't talk to him. And we follow each other on Instagram but we have had like a 3 second conversation ...I think that's so awkward.

I really need help on what to talk to him about because like I said we have no lessons together and we haven't spoken that much to know what he likes. I don't want to be gf or anything I just wanna be his friend but i'm finding making the first step hard.
    It is very difficult, I know :hide: especially when they are surrounded by lots of people. Maybe you can message him on instagram, compliment him on his pictures or try to have a conversation or anything? Then, chances are he'll approach you in real life and you can talk that way.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Except I would use FB. Add him, like a few of his things and then talk to him later.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.