HELP! Have nothing too put into my PS.

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I'm attempting to write the first draft of my PS and am just so stuck as to what to put into it.

I've only recently come into my chosen career path so haven't don't anything extra-curricular to assist me with it, likewise my education history is really messed up!!

I did my first year of A LEVEL and then dropped out... didn't gain anything... I then did a BTEC Diploma in architecture and dropped out after the first year.... I'm now hoping to go down the law route, I'm studying on an access course at the moment to get me the grades I need for uni.

I haven't really done anything!!! What else do I put into it? I've talked about my interest in the subject and the course i'm currently studying. I did the 'NCS' service so put about that into it, and have spoken about my current retail job and that I care for a disabled person....

WHAT ELSE CAN I PUT INTO IT???

Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhystolson)
    Hey, so I'm attempting to write the first draft of my PS and am just so stuck as to what to put into it.

I've only recently come into my chosen career path so haven't don't anything extra-curricular to assist me with it, likewise my education history is really messed up!!

I did my first year of A LEVEL and then dropped out... didn't gain anything... I then did a BTEC Diploma in architecture and dropped out after the first year.... I'm now hoping to go down the law route, I'm studying on an access course at the moment to get me the grades I need for uni.

I haven't really done anything!!! What else do I put into it? I've talked about my interest in the subject and the course i'm currently studying. I did the 'NCS' service so put about that into it, and have spoken about my current retail job and that I care for a disabled person....

WHAT ELSE CAN I PUT INTO IT???

Please help!
    Its difficult to say when we literally know nothing about you, but make sure you link each point to why that should help you on the course and how it shows the dedication to your subjects. There are many useful websites that go into this in greater detail such as this one... http://university.which.co.uk/advice...onal-statement

ReputationRep:
    You've got time to read things before applying - focus on that to talk about in your PS

ReputationRep:
    How sure are you you want to do law? You seem to change your mind a lot.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: agreed. I think that needs to be something you, Rhystolson, get down on paper by yourself. Then use the PS Builder tool we have on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    How sure are you you want to do law? You seem to change your mind a lot.
    I know that I have changed my mind a lot, but honestly when you ask an 18 year old what they wan't to do for the rest of their life, can you honestly give just one specific answer? I've finally decided on this course, and i'm putting so much into it! I just hope I can prove that this is actually the path I'd like to go down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhystolson)
    I know that I have changed my mind a lot, but honestly when you ask an 18 year old what they wan't to do for the rest of their life, can you honestly give just one specific answer? I've finally decided on this course, and i'm putting so much into it! I just hope I can prove that this is actually the path I'd like to go down.
    10s if not 100s of thousands don't have 1 false start never mind 2. You need to really think hard and be sure, because you won't do well on a law degree by accident

ReputationRep:
    If you've literally done nothing, lie. Say you've visited courts and done work experience.

Better yet though, actually do something. There's still time to read a book or visit a court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    If you've literally done nothing, lie.
    What we were all thinking but none dare say. Good show.

Though don't do this for training contracts...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.