Turn on thread page Beta

Shaving techniques watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you shave in all directions, so that its smooth nomatter which way you rub it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ☼☻☼)
    Do you shave in all directions, so that its smooth nomatter which way you rub it?
    sometimes, although thats a good way of cutting yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    i usually shave just downwards, but when i stroke the shaven patch upwards, its rough

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, whenever i try that, i end up just cutting my self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Yeah, whenever i try that, i end up just cutting my self.
    cutting your skin or your lip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ☼☻☼)
    i usually shave just downwards, but when i stroke the shaven patch upwards, its rough
    you can shave upwards on your cheeks, but its a bit dangerous for places around the mouth

ReputationRep:
    do it both ways ... once with the grain , relather once against it ... thts the best way to get it smooth . i like the slightly grainy look tht comes after a day or two after shaving .

ReputationRep:
    you can shave upwards on your cheeks, but its a bit dangerous for places around the mouth
    you know the area above the lips,i just shaved it both up and down, now it feels so weird - like numb, i much prefer just one way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ☼☻☼)
    Skin

ReputationRep:
    oh by the way , try using a brush to lather ur face , i used to use the instant foam gels u get in aerosol cans , but get a nice brush and ull really feel the difference , its luxury ... now know y my grandad never switched to gels in 60 years .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ☼☻☼)
    its fun if u cut ur lip , u can always tell ppl u got into a fite wiht this guy 5 times biger than u and all u walked away with was tht

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    oh by the way , try using a brush to lather ur face , i used to use the instant foam gels u get in aerosol cans , but get a nice brush and ull really feel the difference , its luxury ... now know y my grandad never switched to gels in 60 years .
    what so you just brush your face after shaving? lol

ReputationRep:
    no !! ...

use a shaving brush with a good shaving cream , ask ur dad he'll know , they didnt have aerosol cans back then

ReputationRep:
    Try shaving in the direction parallel to the blade rather than perpendicular - Always fun

MB

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think all those blokes in shaving ads must have a jaw line unknown to physical beings? I find shaving around my jaw line the hardest simply because the angles are all wrong, same goes for above my adams apple. I agree with the shaving cheeks both way thing, often the only way to actually get them shaved like rest of face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajoruna)
    Anyone else think all those blokes in shaving ads must have a jaw line unknown to physical beings? I find shaving around my jaw line the hardest simply because the angles are all wrong, same goes for above my adams apple. I agree with the shaving cheeks both way thing, often the only way to actually get them shaved like rest of face.
    it takes away the never ending debate of which way to shave is better .... and my beard comes out normally .. not at angles as certain centuries old rumours suggest ... .

and oh yes .. most important .. .get a good razor .... i use a Mach3 ... the first one .... i dont think the turbo one is much different ... though i did see one in ferrari red ... looked nice .... not as modern looking though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    it takes away the never ending debate of which way to shave is better .... and my beard comes out normally .. not at angles as certain centuries old rumours suggest ... .

and oh yes .. most important .. .get a good razor .... i use a Mach3 ... the first one .... i dont think the turbo one is much different ... though i did see one in ferrari red ... looked nice .... not as modern looking though
    yea mach 3 is good, but im using electric shaver now

ReputationRep:
    I always shave downwards...the safest way
    Got about 4 different colour Mach 3's had a wilkinson quattro but it was shite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    yea mach 3 is good, but im using electric shaver now
    i wanna get one soon .. are they any good ? ... i had my eyes on this phillips model ... i loved the color ... it was orange and black ....

ReputationRep:
    Got a Mach 3 Turbo and an electric razor, only prob with the electric is the fact that it leads to skin irritation if i use it too often.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.