Hard bony bump on top left side of head

Announcements

So I've had this bump for years or as long as I can remember. I assumed that it was just my natural head shape until I read an article about brain tumors which made me a bit worried. It didn't hurt when pressed (it's a bit sore now but I think its because I've been pressing down on it quite frequently over the past few days). I haven't had frequent headaches or nausea either which makes me doubt its a tumor.

What are your guys' thoughts about this?

P.S. I will be going to see a doctor next week

ReputationRep:
    Its most likely a lymph node or a normal part of your anatomy but its maybe bigger on one side than the other. If you have had it for years and it hasn't grown and you have no other symptoms then I wouldn't worry. I've had a hard lump behind my jaw for years on one side and I worried thinking it was this or that but it was just a lymph node from an ear infection that never went fully back down. Hopefully going to the doctor soon will give you some peace of mind

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Its most likely a lymph node or a normal part of your anatomy but its maybe bigger on one side than the other. If you have had it for years and it hasn't grown and you have no other symptoms then I wouldn't worry. I've had a hard lump behind my jaw for years on one side and I worried thinking it was this or that but it was just a lymph node from an ear infection that never went fully back down. Hopefully going to the doctor soon will give you some peace of mind
    Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've had this bump for years or as long as I can remember. I assumed that it was just my natural head shape until I read an article about brain tumors which made me a bit worried. It didn't hurt when pressed (it's a bit sore now but I think its because I've been pressing down on it quite frequently over the past few days). I haven't had frequent headaches or nausea either which makes me doubt its a tumor.

What are your guys' thoughts about this?

P.S. I will be going to see a doctor next week
    If you've had it for as long as you can remember it's likely nothing- just your shape as you thought. The thing you'd need to look out for is any change. If it had started getting larger or painful (without you poking it for a week) I would be telling you to make an urgent appointemt cos that's a warning sign that stuff's going down.

Still go to the doctor to be safe, but certinally don't worry yourself about tumors or anything, that is VERY unlikely.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.