Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

So I am final 3rd year student doing Economics & Politics who is planning to apply for Master's degree

I was wondering about the limit of master's courses you can apply for per 1 Uni
    Can I apply to more than 1 master's degree in one University? and whats the limit?

thx!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alica2016)
    I didn't have enough time to do all my hometask so sometimes had to use extra sources as essayskills. But it really helps!
    What? how is this related to this threat ?)
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chelister)
    Hey everyone

So I am final 3rd year student doing Economics & Politics who is planning to apply for Master's degree

I was wondering about the limit of master's courses you can apply for per 1 Uni
    Can I apply to more than 1 master's degree in one University? and whats the limit?

thx!)
    You can usually apply to as many as you have time and effort to. However, a University will probably question your motivation and focus if you are making multiple applications.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a second year student. When do I need to start a masters application (if I chose to apply to them)?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    I am currently a second year student. When do I need to start a masters application (if I chose to apply to them)?
    First term of your third year, with some tipping into the second term. Basically put a plan together as soon as you start your final year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    First term of your third year, with some tipping into the second term. Basically put a plan together as soon as you start your final year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. Do you also know anything about applying to masters in the US? Which additional tests will I need to do? and will I need to prepare earlier?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Do you also know anything about applying to masters in the US? Which additional tests will I need to do? and will I need to prepare earlier?
    Haven't a clue I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on which type of Master's degree you want. If it's business (MBA), you need a GMAT. The GRE will cover most American post graduate degrees.

Start preparing around the same time, get your referees etc. Deadlines vary, but treat it like you are applying for an undergraduate position again.

ReputationRep:
    Google. No-one's going to spoonfeed answers at postgrad level. How are we supposed to know what courses, unis or deadlines you're talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Google. No-one's going to spoonfeed answers at postgrad level. How are we supposed to know what courses, unis or deadlines you're talking about?
    Sorry for that. It is because I have only just started considering a Masters and wanted to know roughly when, as a current second year student, I needed to start looking further.

I will of course research this for myself, as well as use my current university's career service. This just seemed a good place to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombiejon)
    Depends on which type of Master's degree you want. If it's business (MBA), you need a GMAT. The GRE will cover most American post graduate degrees.

Start preparing around the same time, get your referees etc. Deadlines vary, but treat it like you are applying for an undergraduate position again.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for that. It is because I have only just started considering a Masters and wanted to know roughly when, as a current second year student, I needed to start looking further.

I will of course research this for myself, as well as use my current university's career service. This just seemed a good place to start.
    Ok. You'll probably apply during third year. But without knowing which course or uni you're looking at we can't offer anything constructive.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, have you found anything yet for applying for masters in the US? I'm thinking of doing this in the future too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.