Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some advice on contacting and messaging Japanese people Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I need some advice on how to contact and message a Japanese person who I've never contacted before. Should I just hope they know some English and/or that they'll be able to translate it, or should I message in japanese as best as I can or get someone japanese to write it for me or what....?

I really want to praise someone for what they've done and tell them some important stuff, at least I think it's important.

Any ideas/advice appreciated even if it's not for japanese people, maybe people from some other language.

ReputationRep:
    If you cannot speak the language fluently do not try to. Most likley they will speak better English than your attempt at their language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    Hello. I need some advice on how to contact and message a Japanese person who I've never contacted before. Should I just hope they know some English and/or that they'll be able to translate it, or should I message in japanese as best as I can or get someone japanese to write it for me or what....?

I really want to praise someone for what they've done and tell them some important stuff, at least I think it's important.

Any ideas/advice appreciated even if it's not for japanese people, maybe people from some other language.
    google translate and hope for the best
    you can also go on 2ch if you wanna meet other Japanese people but the site looks a mess to me...2ch is like Japan's TSR lol
    Their version of whatsapp/kik or FB is LINE and Mixi as well if you can get that...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    https://ja-jp.facebook.com/
    japan's facebook as well :yy:
    if you type it into google first you click translate page and get the english version of the Japanese FB...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    you must summon them like so
    issa weaboo shriiiiiine
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    issa weaboo shriiiiiine
    They deleted that post :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol, thanks for the tips guys.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.