Studying abroad in London without getting credit for it

University Navigation

    • Thread Starter

    Hello everybody :-)
    I'm currently studying in Austria and would like to study abroad in London. The problem is that I can't study abroad in the UK with the course I chose at my university. I mean I could, but they don't offer it as part of Erasmus and the department doesn't have a partnership with any universities in the UK.
    My dream would be to spend a semester or year at King's College in London.
    Does anyone know if I could still study a year in London? I probably won't get credit for it at my Austrian university but it would be ok for me to study one year longer because the modules King's offers sound reeally interesting to me and for me it would be totally worth it!
    Is the application process for international studens who want to organize their year abroad individually harder than usual?
    Maybe someone can help me, thanks in advance!
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.