Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Which unis are good for psychology, but still have a good emphasis on mental health

ReputationRep:
    i am current doing my a-levels, and have been to open days at Manchester, York ( loved the place), Nottingham and Lancaster. ( i have been looking at the top in the uk for psychology) and im struggling to write my personal statement and choosing which course because, to be quite honest, all the brain scanning and sciency parts of psychology bore me and make me feel weird. i like Rogers theories that we are all unique and that we live in a subjective world that is hard to be analysed scientifically...so those courses dont suit me but... i want to go to a good university and increase my job prospects but are their any good universities in nice places that dont have such a big emphasis on science? i like towns not big cities and preferably campus but if its a nice place i dont mind. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! need to start my personal statement soon!

ReputationRep:
    The top universities will usually have a BPS accredited psychology course. This means that there are compulsory topics which contain lots of 'sciency' bits. Psychology at university is a scientific discipline, perhaps look into a joint honours course like philosophy and psychology so there is less scientific emphasis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x__justmyluck)
    The top universities will usually have a BPS accredited psychology course. This means that there are compulsory topics which contain lots of 'sciency' bits. Psychology at university is a scientific discipline, perhaps look into a joint honours course like philosophy and psychology so there is less scientific emphasis.
    thanks for replying, yeah just been researching more andnd i think if i want less science i'll just have to go to a less well known one- but i have found a good course at reading - psychology and art- that looks good x

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.