Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Archaeology and Maths Joint Degree?

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I am applying to university for 2017 entry. I got 5As in my higher exam results but do not want to give up either maths or history. My ideal degree would to do a joint honours in archaeology/maths or history/maths, however, i can only find 2 unis in Scotland which offer these types of courses. Should I aim my personal statement towards both subject areas and possibly sacrifice my chances in other universities, or should I aim it more towards one in the hope of getting offers from my other places and hope that I still get a place for the joint degree? Would they accept me for a joint degree even if my PS is tailored towards one subject?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraken713)
    I am applying to university for 2017 entry. I got 5As in my higher exam results but do not want to give up either maths or history. My ideal degree would to do a joint honours in archaeology/maths or history/maths, however, i can only find 2 unis in Scotland which offer these types of courses. Should I aim my personal statement towards both subject areas and possibly sacrifice my chances in other universities, or should I aim it more towards one in the hope of getting offers from my other places and hope that I still get a place for the joint degree? Would they accept me for a joint degree even if my PS is tailored towards one subject?
    Thanks
    Hi there, the University of Glasgow offers MA(Hons) Archaeology/Mathematics and MA(Hons) History/Mathematics. The personal statement being tailored to one subject would not affect your application to Glasgow. You will be made the standard offer as shown on our website. It would be a good idea to contact other Universities to find out their policy on Personal Statements.

I hope that helps!
    - Kelly, UG Admissions

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.