Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Bournemouth vs Falmouth vs LCC for postgrad study

ReputationRep:
    Im looking at potentialy doing an MA in Advertising and my three choices are Bournemouth, Falmouth and LCC.

Can anyone please tell me how good these unis are in terms of style & depth of teaching, facilities, student life, work placements/internship support, etc. Just so I can have a better Idea of which to pick.

I know of some unis who treat thier postgrad students like "labrats" (so to say) by not running their couses proprely and more and I just dont want to make that mistake.

Also if anyone actually goes to any othese unis or has done/is doing a masters there please feel free to chip in too! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Have you visited? Most of this info should also be on the website. I'm not sure what you mean about badly treated taught postgrads. You may be thinking about PhD or research students which you won't be. Try contacting the unis and asking to be put in touch with current or former students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifl0w1)
    Im looking at potentialy doing an MA in Advertising and my three choices are Bournemouth, Falmouth and LCC.

I know of some unis who treat thier postgrad students like "labrats" (so to say) by not running their couses proprely and more and I just dont want to make that mistake.

As for being treated as a labrat, there's no real scope for that on a taught Masters. You will have two terms of teaching and intensive assessed coursework, followed by around four months concentrating on your own research and dissertation. In my experience, I had no spare time for a social life during that calendar year - certainly no scope for getting involved with staff or department research which was not immediately connected to getting me a percentage.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.