Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Indeed, these are the only people who feel strong enough, these is always a chunk of the population who will always be pro-war or pro-government, even during Vietnam about 30% of the US public supported the war all the way through.
    well maybe but there were lots of other demonstrations on a smaller scale in other cities not everyone could come to london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    well maybe but there were lots of other demonstrations on a smaller scale in other cities not everyone could come to london
    Even if there were, you can't say that just because there were protest marches public opinion was against the war.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    its a big chunk and these are just the people who bothered to march and i said 2million goddammit!!! lol
    1/30th of the population is a big chunk?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Even if there were, you can't say that just because there were protest marches public opinion was against the war.
    Yup take that line and we should ban McDonalds and Starbucks from the country because that's what some of the MayDay protesters want

ReputationRep:
    i believe that a large enough proportion of the population was against it for there to be a referendum

ReputationRep:
    I think Tony should resign because I believe he fabricated info. to get us to invade Iraq. Plus, I believe it is hypocritical for Britain to have nukes but then invade Iraq to get rid of their nukes, which they never did in the first place.

Of course, I don't think he will resign no matter what as I believe he has the psychopathic personality trait, as does George Bush, and psychologists say these people place personal interest far above the interests of anybody else.

Regards.

ReputationRep:
    i believe that a large enough proportion of the population was against it for there to be a referendum
    The people aren't always right. I may not have been happy about the war but the idea of a referendum is ridiculous - the exact issue at hand (the motion of the House of Commons would likely be the referendum issue) is based upon specific knowledge that was not fully available to the general public. If you say that the general public should decide these kind of things, would you say that we have the right to vote to decimate another country with nuclear bombs? Does the fact that an action is supported by the population make it any less or more right? No. When it comes to foreign affairs we can only raise issues and the government should at least listen to these concerns and react to them (if they are reasonable).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isaac Newton)
    I think Tony should resign because I believe he fabricated info. to get us to invade Iraq. Plus, I believe it is hypocritical for Britain to have nukes but then invade Iraq to get rid of their nukes, which they never did in the first place.

Of course, I don't think he will resign no matter what as I believe he has the psychopathic personality trait, as does George Bush, and psychologists say these people place personal interest far above the interests of anybody else.

Regards.
    Just out of interest - what info do you think he "fabricated"? As far as I am aware, though the Dossier on Iraq and speeches etc. of Blair may have missed out warnings of the limitations of information and other caveats, they did not simply make up information.

ReputationRep:
    There was a march of £1million - that does not mean that the pri-minister should change international policy on such issues, especially where the public does not have access to classified intelligence and is mostly brainwashed to the left just as most of europe by the elite media such as the BBC. There was no referendum in other countries in the coalition of the willing either - there was no need for it in my view, Blair still has plenty of support despite the image laid out by the Guardian and i bet he'll get re-elected. Tony Blair had enough backing in parliament to go to war, he listened to the public and he decided on his action - you cannot ask for more.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    a march of £1million
    bargain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    bargain
    the protestors reckoned it was worth £2million

ReputationRep:
    I think he should resign! Everyone knows he's got evil eyes

It aggravates me how angry he becomes at PM's Questions when Howard remains cool, calm and grinning like a Cheshire cat, Tony goes red in the face, and his hands gyrate on overtime.

He should resign - 10 years of not listening is enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    I want to know what you all think about Tony Blair! Whether or not he should resign and be happy with a decade as leader of the New Labour Party.

Post your views!
    YES

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.