Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"How was your weekend?" Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When colleagues/ coursemates ask you this tomorrow, whats your answer?

Personally, this question makes me nervous and slightly depressed.

Anyone else feel this way?

(Original post by queenofswords)
    When colleagues/ coursemates ask you this tomorrow, whats your answer?

Personally, this question makes me nervous and slightly depressed.

Anyone else feel this way?
    I just say "It was alright," lie about watching some TV show, or say "pretty busy, got a lot of work done"

I don't think anyone really cares about what you say in small talk

Nothing
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What can you say though.. when you've got tons of work do?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Same old stuff.. "It was good, you?"

I can't tell them I was spending my whole weekend on TSR so I give them a generic answer.

ReputationRep:
    i always just say 'fine', most people just ask out of politeness anyways, not because they actually care

ReputationRep:
    "Well! If you really want to know, I napped 5 times between the two days because fibromyalgia is so amazing. But if I'm being completely honest, this time I'm not so sure if it's fibro or pregnancy. My friends and fiance told me it's not too early to find out if I have a bun in the oven but I don't trust early tests. Guess I'll be finding out in a couple of weeks! Abortion or no? What do you think? That's been playing over and over again in my head over the weekend. Also, there's a very big chance I'll be eloping next month but I can't decide whether or not I want to. Maybe you could help me figure out answers to my life's questions this fine Monday morning! :ahee:"

So this is why I don't have many friends...

ReputationRep:
    Years of chronic illness trains you to become an expert in ducking/giving disingenuously upbeat answers to such questions :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I give some specific detail so they have something to work with, otherwise itd just be a bland convo of small talk :erm:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    "It was good." and that's it, end of conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Better than when I spend time with you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.