Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Which internship for strategy consulting?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am a French student at EDHEC Business School, and I am currently doing my gap year, which for a French person means finding internships.

I want to work in strategy consulting later and I am wondering which internship would be best regarded and what are the pros and cons of each option:
    -M&A in an investment bank
    -Private Equity / Venture Capital
    -Strategy in a CAC40 firm

My background:
    I am doing my Master's in Management. Currently interning in the US in a NASDAQ-listed tech firm, as a corporate development analyst (market studies, acquisition target research, creation of financial report for the company's management..).
    I also studied / performed an internship in HK.

Thanks for your help =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iko_)
    Do you have offers from all 3?

ReputationRep:
    No, I am wondering which option I should focus my applications on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iko_)
    No, I am wondering which option I should focus my applications on
    You should be able to make 10 or so strong applications and focussing on strategy would seem sensible. For Strat consulting, then working in a blue chip company would probably be more valuable than working in IB or similar.

ReputationRep:
    You could take a look at the Milkround Jobs board filtered specifically to consultancy & strategy: http://www.milkround.com/jobs/consul...tegy/#browsing

Check out what skills and qualifications they are looking for candidates to apply , it might help give you an idea what employers will be looking for.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.