HUGE DILEMMA - Should I drive for 3 hours or move away Watch

RosesAreRed1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just got the best job offer ever (very interesting and funny, and a very good salary despite me being very young and new to this) but it's in Oxford - which is an hour - hour and a half (depends on the traffic) away from here. So should I travel by car (in total, thats 3 hours of driving, not to mention the gas money) or should I move there to Oxford. I'm planning to keep this job btw
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RosesAreRed1)
I just got the best job offer ever (very interesting and funny, and a very good salary despite me being very young and new to this) but it's in Oxford - which is an hour - hour and a half (depends on the traffic) away from here. So should I travel by car (in total, thats 3 hours of driving, not to mention the gas money) or should I move there to Oxford. I'm planning to keep this job btw
If you plan to keep then move imo. You could commute for a few weeks to get a feel for it or just find a temp place to live till you find your bearings.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
definitely move there... 3 hours a day is a really long commute, it's going to be exhausting, if it's a job you're serious about (rather than a short ut up with it for a year type thing) then you're not going to want to commute forever so you should just get on with it and move
ammarak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes definitely move as 3 hours a day to commute is far too long. Find a temp place to live and see how you get on with your job first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (140)
46.51%
Pro-humanity (161)
53.49%

Watched Threads