Should I try pursuing someone else?

Announcements

I'm in uni at basically met a girl in a party and we got along really well. We added each other on facebook and have kept in contact for like 2 weeks so far, sending each other texts which are at least a few paragraphs long full of questions and emoji and stuff, and at one point she strongly implied she was interested. Eventually, we met up over a drink, and another night for dinner/drinks etc (alone together) and ended up having sex on both occasions (sober in one of them and just tipsy in the other). Also, on both nights, there was a lot of physical contact like holding hands (before we'd even walked to the place we were going to) and kissing nearer the end of the nights and like touching legs under the table etc. However, she is now starting uni in Cambridge (like 5 hours away by train) in her first year and I asked whether we should try pursing what we had further (i.e. get into a relationship but I didn't use those words) and she replied that work means she probably wouldn't have time (which I understand) but she'd love to meet up again when we're free like the christmas holidays. Does this mean she wants to try and pursue this 'relationship' further when we're both free and closer geographically (so be patient) or is that a rejection meaning I should try finding someone else? I find the latter hard to believe based on how much has happened in the short time I knew her but I'm not sure what to do because I have developed strong feelings for her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in uni at basically met a girl in a party and we got along really well. We added each other on facebook and have kept in contact for like 2 weeks so far, sending each other texts which are at least a few paragraphs long full of questions and emoji and stuff, and at one point she strongly implied she was interested. Eventually, we met up over a drink, and another night for dinner/drinks etc (alone together) and ended up having sex on both occasions (sober in one of them and just tipsy in the other). Also, on both nights, there was a lot of physical contact like holding hands (before we'd even walked to the place we were going to) and kissing nearer the end of the nights and like touching legs under the table etc. However, she is now starting uni in Cambridge (like 5 hours away by train) in her first year and I asked whether we should try pursing what we had further (i.e. get into a relationship but I didn't use those words) and she replied that work means she probably wouldn't have time (which I understand) but she'd love to meet up again when we're free like the christmas holidays. Does this mean she wants to try and pursue this 'relationship' further when we're both free and closer geographically (so be patient) or is that a rejection meaning I should try finding someone else? I find the latter hard to believe based on how much has happened in the short time I knew her but I'm not sure what to do because I have developed strong feelings for her...
    To me that sounds like there's a genuine offer there if she's still interested at Christmas to 'meet up' rather than a rejection, but not sure if she wants to pursue an actual relationship even then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in uni at basically met a girl in a party and we got along really well. We added each other on facebook and have kept in contact for like 2 weeks so far, sending each other texts which are at least a few paragraphs long full of questions and emoji and stuff, and at one point she strongly implied she was interested. Eventually, we met up over a drink, and another night for dinner/drinks etc (alone together) and ended up having sex on both occasions (sober in one of them and just tipsy in the other). Also, on both nights, there was a lot of physical contact like holding hands (before we'd even walked to the place we were going to) and kissing nearer the end of the nights and like touching legs under the table etc.

However, she is now starting uni in Cambridge (like 5 hours away by train) in her first year and I asked whether we should try pursing what we had further (i.e. get into a relationship but I didn't use those words) and she replied that work means she probably wouldn't have time (which I understand) but she'd love to meet up again when we're free like the christmas holidays. Does this mean she wants to try and pursue this 'relationship' further when we're both free and closer geographically (so be patient) or is that a rejection meaning I should try finding someone else? I find the latter hard to believe based on how much has happened in the short time I knew her but I'm not sure what to do because I have developed strong feelings for her...
    To me it sounds like she likes you, but she knows that a long distance relationship would be hard (especially as you don't have much time put in yet) so she doesn't want to agree to that as it would hold both of you back so saying to meet up in the holidays is a happy middle point.

Alright, cheers guys! But if she's not looking for a relationship, then why would she bother getting this close to me? :/

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.