Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is your role model from history? Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Is there a historical figure that inspires you? Someone you look up to? And why? :adore:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Is there a historical figure that inspires you? Someone you look up to? :adore:
    William James Sidis.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    As a biology student and humanist, Charles Darwin has always been an inspiration of mine.

Its also widely noted too now that he suffered from severe OCD all this life and as a lifelong severe sufferer myself, I can relate and also understand some of his behaviours and notes that were seen by others as erratic and obsessional. Throughout his struggling with his physical and mental health, he managed to establish a theory that has given a lot of us a reason and explanation for the biodiversity found on Earth and a greater understanding into our own species and our history.

Nikola Tesla and Marie Curie are both honourable mentions too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Mao

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.