Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this reaction mean anything? Watch

Announcements

I recently met a nice guy who I've been out on a couple of dates with.. I told my other male friend about it (who apparently likes me but won't admit it, long story..) and he said 'Oh that's cool that you're meeting lots of new people' and then changed the subject.

I dunno, it just seemed like a strange reaction; he referred to 'meeting lots of people' even though I said that I'd been on dates with a guy. I thought he might have asked questions or said he was pleased for me or something.

Maybe it means nothing, or he just doesn't care. What do others think?

Ok then he just asked me 'is this guy fit then?' hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I recently met a nice guy who I've been out on a couple of dates with.. I told my other male friend about it (who apparently likes me but won't admit it, long story..) and he said 'Oh that's cool that you're meeting lots of new people' and then changed the subject.

I dunno, it just seemed like a strange reaction; he referred to 'meeting lots of people' even though I said that I'd been on dates with a guy. I thought he might have asked questions or said he was pleased for me or something.

Well, he is happy since he said "oh that's cool". The subject is that you're meeting lots of new people. He's probably happy for you. As for quickly changing the subject, now that's something I don't know. Maybe a social psychologist would provide a more profound answer, or at least someone of that sort.

ReputationRep:
    I clicked on here expecting a chemistry question... I am disappointed :unimpressed:

Yeah that's what I thought, but now he's just asked me 'is the guy fit?' so I don't really know what to think haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angryredhead)
    i clicked on here expecting a chemistry question... I am disappointed :unimpressed:
    lmao me af

ReputationRep:

He's jealous that you met someone eles and it's not him going on all these dates with you. He changed the subject quickly as he might have founded quite awkward and difficult talking about it.
    Since he likes you and you know he likes you. Last thing you want to hear Is your crush telling you about their date.

He just said 'Is he fitter than me???' ok... now I have my answer lol

ReputationRep:
    Dare you to reply back yes or I would be dating you not him lol.

ReputationRep:
    Why does a guy want to guy if another guy is fit, like whys that the first question. Homo alert?

ReputationRep:
    It's a pride/ ego thing.

Wondering why him and not me. Doesn't mean he likes you, it's just an ego thing.

Why dont you ask him out?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    "Oh that's cool that you're meeting lots of new people". It means he thinks it's cool that you're meeting lots of new people.
    It's not rocket science.

Yeah, I admit that part wasn't much to go off lol but since he's then asked me, is the guy hot, and then, is he hotter than me? Iwasn't sure if he was just joking around or not... I said he was 'ok I suppose' and then when he asked me if he was hotter I said 'You're different-looking to each other', and he said 'Oh, I get it, a muscly guy!! hahah' , and thenI was like oh come on you're muscly too, and he was like, nah, not really.

don't know if it was jealousy, just messing around, or that he's insecure about himself. He was putting lots of 'hahahah' at the end of everything, which is something I tned to do when i'm nervous....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.