Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Application Panic

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I'm going to be applying to cambridge to study computer science this week, and on the UCAS application when entering my GCSE's I was planning to not enter my Spanish grade as it was only a C, and my Free Standing Maths Qualification of additional maths which was a D (Still a pass). Other than that I got 3A* and 10A's at GCSE, as well as 4 A's at AS (Maths (100 in C1 and C2), Further Maths, Physics and Computing). Am I able to just not show this grade? And will it affect my application if I do/don't put it down?

Thanks alot in advance
    Velin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velinguard)
    Hi,
    So I'm going to be applying to cambridge to study computer science this week, and on the UCAS application when entering my GCSE's I was planning to not enter my Spanish grade as it was only a C, and my Free Standing Maths Qualification of additional maths which was a D (Still a pass). Other than that I got 3A* and 10A's at GCSE, as well as 4 A's at AS (Maths (100 in C1 and C2), Further Maths, Physics and Computing). Am I able to just not show this grade? And will it affect my application if I do/don't put it down?

Thanks alot in advance
    Velin.
    You MUST declare all grades - it would be a fraudulent application if you didn't.

BUT a C in GCSE Spanish isn't relevant and a D in FSMQ will be more than offset by your good AS-levels.

So declare the grades and don't worry

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.