The Student Room Group

January Intake at UK Universities!

Hello guys,

I got admission at Queen Mary University of London for the September session but couldn't join in time due to some family issues.

Now I'm looking to apply to a well ranked university that has January intake for Postgraduate courses.

One of the option is Brunel University but i'm still not sure about it. Any insight or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Original post by Azmmalik6

Pretty much there aren't any. January entry is normally a sign that the university wants the money more than the academic consistency. If you want a genuinely well ranked university, you probably need to wait until October.

Plus, very few students start in January (and nearly always overseas students) so the cohort is small, and the support is reduced, everyone is geared up to the start of the academic year, not the start of the quietest term, after Christmas, in winter etc. It's much tougher socially because you never catch up with the main cohort, there's no Freshers etc.
Reply 2
The points you have made are really compelling but would it be worth to wait a whole year instead of joining Brunel University in January?

Any idea of this University's reputation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending