I'm not sure whether I'm making the right decision Watch

Bellabobbles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been struggling lately with trying to figure out what course at university would be best for me, as there's just so many different options and I'm still stuck on what career I want. I've looked into a ton of different courses including nursing, psychology, biomedical science and education (all of which did interest me) however I recently came across an International Tourism Management degree (undergraduate) which sounded really fun and exciting with travelling experiences and work placements.
I'm currently studying A levels in psychology, sociology and English language and achieved AAC at AS.
So 1) is the international tourism degree useful for work afterwards?
And 2) would it be worthwhile?
And if you've have experience in this degree could you tell me if it is what it's cracked up to be?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bellabobbles)
I've been struggling lately with trying to figure out what course at university would be best for me, as there's just so many different options and I'm still stuck on what career I want. I've looked into a ton of different courses including nursing, psychology, biomedical science and education (all of which did interest me) however I recently came across an International Tourism Management degree (undergraduate) which sounded really fun and exciting with travelling experiences and work placements.
I'm currently studying A levels in psychology, sociology and English language and achieved AAC at AS.
So 1) is the international tourism degree useful for work afterwards?
And 2) would it be worthwhile?
And if you've have experience in this degree could you tell me if it is what it's cracked up to be?
Do some research on what people do with such a degree, then look at job adverts for grauate positions in the area and think about whetehr it sounds like what you would like.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...el-and-tourism
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.07%
Yes - they're famous (285)
25.36%