The Student Room Group

freshers week?

okay, so i've started first year of university last month (but for second time cause i've moved to different cities, i've already been to uni). and it's okay, i've met few people, most of them not cause majority of students are from one country so they tend to speak in their own language and it is really hard to jump into conversation when you don't know what they are talking about. but the thing is the freshers week just stared and i really don't feel like takin part in it. firstly, because it's already been a month and i have to study a lot (i'm studying medicine in europe), secondly because i don't feel the pressure to meet new people. why? cause i'm back in my hometown and i have my old friends here and stuff. last year when i was studying abroad i went to every event for first two months because i felt like i needed to meet people otherwise i'd be lonely. but now i'm okay. plus i really don't like clubbing. i've heard that in US during freshers week there's a lot of activities that don't include drinking but here it's just party every day for a week.
Hi,

It seems like you're just looking for a place to talk about your feelings - unless there is something specific you want advice on?

If you do feel like you just want a space to "talk" then you could try blogging in this forum for first year students :smile:

Original post by rurarurka
okay, so i've started first year of university last month (but for second time cause i've moved to different cities, i've already been to uni). and it's okay, i've met few people, most of them not cause majority of students are from one country so they tend to speak in their own language and it is really hard to jump into conversation when you don't know what they are talking about. but the thing is the freshers week just stared and i really don't feel like takin part in it. firstly, because it's already been a month and i have to study a lot (i'm studying medicine in europe), secondly because i don't feel the pressure to meet new people. why? cause i'm back in my hometown and i have my old friends here and stuff. last year when i was studying abroad i went to every event for first two months because i felt like i needed to meet people otherwise i'd be lonely. but now i'm okay. plus i really don't like clubbing. i've heard that in US during freshers week there's a lot of activities that don't include drinking but here it's just party every day for a week.
Reply 2
Original post by rurarurka

Don't feel that you have to conform to some sort of first year stereotype. If you're finding a way of being a student which works for you, that's absolutely fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending