Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

URGENT MY LIFE GCSE mark wrong not sure

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have started a levels. I think two of my GCSEs are wrong but I don't know what to do. I want to tell someone but scared that I think it will go up but it goes down. It's about my English literature and business grade.

In English literature : aqa overall my mark is 157 which is a B. In 97151H it says I got 75 which is an A* however this is higher than the overall mark equivalent . In 97152h I got 45 which is a C however on a grade boundray it should be an A*. In 97153 it says 37 B but 35 is a A*. Please check if I am right.

Now business

Ocr A291B I got 41 which is a c but 41 is a B.
    Ocr A292 I got 53 which is an A which I think is correct.
    Ocr A293 I got 75 which is a C but It says 68 for a A.
    OVERALL mark is 169

I DONT know what to do i want higher grades but I am scared it could go down. Help

ReputationRep:
    Contact your high school

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you haven't got raw marks and UMS mixed up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inspiringvisons)
    Contact your high school
    Do I just talk to reception when I walk in. I don't know who to talk to

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you're getting UMS and Raw marks mixed up, as suggested above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panic!intheexam)
    Are you sure you haven't got raw marks and UMS mixed up?
    Isn't the number next to the individual exam the raw mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    I'm pretty sure you're getting UMS and Raw marks mixed up, as suggested above
    I really don't know but could you show me a example

ReputationRep:
    Ask to speak to the exams officer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by England113)
    No, that's the UMS

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit late now, as far as I'm aware at least for my school the dealines passed for re marks, best you can do is move on and focus on your A levels, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrisonchar)
    It's a bit late now, as far as I'm aware at least for my school the dealines passed for re marks, best you can do is move on and focus on your A levels, good luck!
    No it's not a remark. I need these grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panic!intheexam)
    No, that's the UMS
    I am on about individual exam not the overall.

ReputationRep:
    Quite sure you're getting mixed up between the raw (actual) mark and the UMS (weighted/changed) grade - 41 UMS is NOT 41 raw...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Quite sure you're getting mixed up between the raw (actual) mark and the UMS (weighted/changed) grade - 41 UMS is NOT 41 raw...
    I really don't know. Very annoying

ReputationRep:
    Contact your school, in particular the head of the relevant departments. You should be able to arrange a meeting with them, or at least discuss it with them quickly over the phone or email. Highlight your grade concerns, and they will be able to offer some assistance. This may simply be correcting you on your grade (i.e. misunderstanding), or providing assistance if it's possible to get your grades corrected, and if not, how to deal with it.
    If you are not satisfied with your results, you can always do a college course, afternoon class, foundation entry which should hopefully provide you with the necessary grades.

ReputationRep:
    I have started a levels. I think two of my GCSEs are wrong but I don't know what to do. I want to tell someone but scared that I think it will go up but it goes down. It's about my English literature and business grade.

In English literature : aqa overall my mark is 157 which is a B. In 97151H it says I got 75 which is an A* however this is higher than the overall mark equivalent . In 97152h I got 45 which is a C however on a grade boundray it should be an A*. In 97153 it says 37 B but 35 is a A*. Please check if I am right.

Now business

Ocr A291B I got 41 which is a c but 41 is a B.
    Ocr A292 I got 53 which is an A which I think is correct.
    Ocr A293 I got 75 which is a C but It says 68 for a A.
    OVERALL mark is 169

I DONT know what to do i want higher grades but I am scared it could go down. Help
    You are almost definitely confusing raw and UMS. The number on your paper is your UMS mark, which your raw mark is scaled to, depending on the boundaries of the exam. UMS marks follow the boundaries of 90% being an A*, 80% being an A, down to 40% being an E, whereas raw mark boundaries change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    You are almost definitely confusing raw and UMS. The number on your paper is your UMS mark, which your raw mark is scaled to, depending on the boundaries of the exam. UMS marks follow the boundaries of 90% being an A*, 80% being an A, down to 40% being an E, whereas raw mark boundaries change.
    I don't know

ReputationRep:
    but really who cares it's gcse as long as you get A/B its fine lol just do well in ur a levels.

ReputationRep:
    No, it is always the UMS

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.