Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Let's share your favorite clean food recipes

ReputationRep:
    Youtube that. So many on there

ReputationRep:
    Ajvar and spinach with a sprinkling of cheese on toast

ReputationRep:
    Soft scrambled egg and smoked salmon tartine, my homemade burgers, my homemade anything.

ReputationRep:
    Eating clean? As if food can be divided into dirty and clean haha.

If you mean low calorie meals, then chicken with a spice blend made with a pestle & mortar. Dat fragrance. Then just rub it into the chicken breast to marinade, cook it with little to no oil. Serve with spinach and steamed coriander rice..err thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Eating clean? As if food can be divided into dirty and clean haha.

ReputationRep:
    Clean eating is a marketing gimmick - it doesn't mean anything or have any scientific evidence. It's just a load of obsessions and fears about food wrapped up into one, easy to understand fad.

Just eat normally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Clean eating is a marketing gimmick - it doesn't mean anything or have any scientific evidence.
    Even that is an understatement - anyone who thinks that making the choice to eat clean is going to directly affect their body composition simply doesn't understand basic physiology and the processing of macronutrients.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Even that is an understatement - anyone who thinks that making the choice to eat clean is going to directly affect their body composition simply doesn't understand basic physiology and the processing of macronutrients.
    clean eating is just eating foods high in micronutrients

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFam)
    clean eating is just eating foods high in micronutrients
    That's the basic premise. Unfortunately, many people take it as a total lifestyle choice - a "do not touch dirty food, for it is the devil, will make us fat and will not be adequate for making gains!" type of philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    That's the basic premise. Unfortunately, many people take it as a total lifestyle choice - a "do not touch dirty food, for it is the devil, will make us fat and will not be adequate for making gains!" type of philosophy.
    **** that neurotic ****. Have fun

ReputationRep:
    IIFYM brah. Still need to get your micronutrients that's what I think it means to eat clean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    **** that neurotic ****. Have fun
    I do find it amusing when guys in the gym have asked me for diet advice and I've told them "Use a macro calculator to get your recommended caloric and protein intake; stick with those and get a good balance of carbs and fats, but no need to be specific as long as the calories are in check and protein is adequate and from good sources; and try not to fill your macros with crap for the sake of your health, but if you wanna eat a little junk here and there then go for it" - they normally say something like "Oh, ok, thanks mate" but look at me as if to say "Come on, it can't be that simple, stop BSing me!" :rofl: Eating healthily doesn't mean sticking to all the most boring foods known to man :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    IIFYM brah. Still need to get your micronutrients that's what I think it means to eat clean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, as I said to the other guy, the basic premise behind eating clean has long since been lost. Nowadays "body coaches" are pushing the idea that eating clean is the way forward for fat loss, because it's easier to ensure that their clients aren't overeating that way - you naturally don't eat as much when your options are that ****ing boring :rofl: However, you can still eat a bit of this and a bit of that and still be eating a healthy and balanced diet.

ReputationRep:
    I do find it amusing when guys in the gym have asked me for diet advice and I've told them "Use a macro calculator to get your recommended caloric and protein intake; stick with those and get a good balance of carbs and fats, but no need to be specific as long as the calories are in check and protein is adequate and from good sources; and try not to fill your macros with crap for the sake of your health, but if you wanna eat a little junk here and there then go for it" - they normally say something like "Oh, ok, thanks mate" but look at me as if to say "Come on, it can't be that simple, stop BSing me!" :rofl: Eating healthily doesn't mean sticking to all the most boring foods known to man :top:
    I just eat tasty home cooked food all the time. I went on a ketogenic diet at one point for a few months and became a gigantic retard with an eating disorder. Just eat tasty food and make sure it's not all garbage and exercise. You'll be much happier than tracking your calories and each individual nutrient and you'll be healthy too.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Having a guideline is useful, though.

ReputationRep:
    fish, rice and a dark green veg is nice and "clean"

but its boooooooring after awhile

ReputationRep:
    I just eat tasty home cooked food all the time. I went on a ketogenic diet at one point for a few months and became a gigantic retard with an eating disorder. Just eat tasty food and make sure it's not all garbage and exercise. You'll be much happier than tracking your calories and each individual nutrient and you'll be healthy too.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Having a guideline is useful, though.
    Yeah, thing is a lot of people have a tendency to either overeat or undereat, in which case tracking macros becomes essential. As I say though, no need to overcomplicate it - get enough protein, track your calories by any means (very easy with all the apps around, though I've been in the habit of doing it mentally for a couple years now) and make a conscious effort to opt for foods that possess a good micronutrient profile for health reasons. The 80:20 ratio rule in regards to healthy food:whatever you fancy is a good guideline as to where your calories come from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    fish, rice and a dark green veg is nice and "clean"

but its boooooooring after awhile
    Ethiopian crackhead diet it sick

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.