Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

French and German Personal Statement

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for 2017 entry to do French and German at uni, so I'm currently writing my personal statement. I really love reading and have read a few French and German books. However, I don't know which to include in my personal statement. Should I go with well-known books like Le Petit Prince or stick with some popular books for teenagers that an admissions officer might not have heard of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bthmci)
    I'm applying for 2017 entry to do French and German at uni, so I'm currently writing my personal statement. I really love reading and have read a few French and German books. However, I don't know which to include in my personal statement. Should I go with well-known books like Le Petit Prince or stick with some popular books for teenagers that an admissions officer might not have heard of?
    This is some good advice from Cambridge about what they're looking for in a PS for modern languages (and what they're looking for in further reading) http://www.mml.cam.ac.uk/applying/how/faq

basically talk about what you've enjoyed, definitely don't stick to set texts that the majority of applicants are likely to have read.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.