The Student Room Group

Would you consider becoming a vegetarian?

"Nothing will benefit health and increase the chances of survival of life on earth as the evolution to a vegetarian diet" -Einstein
I've been vegetarian all of my life through religious reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to impose or force you to be vegetarian, I just want your opinions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Spratty
"Nothing will benefit health and increase the chances of survival of life on earth as the evolution to a vegetarian diet" -Einstein
I've been vegetarian all of my life through religious reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to impose or force you to be vegetarian, I just want your opinions.

Hell no
Reply 2
Religious reasons? I'm curious. The only religion I can think of where vegetarianism is vital is Jainism. Buddhism's a little more over the place on this issue and not as relevant.

But yeah, I'm a vegetarian too, for moral reasons.
I'm already vegetarian. Preach it!

...except don't actually preach it because then people will probably complain.
Reply 4
Nah I love meat too much. But watch this thread descend into a full on flame war. *grabs popcorn*
Yes and I was a vegetarian for a number of years. I find the environmental arguments very compelling but I don't quite think I'm ready to give meat up just yet. So I'm focusing on reducing meat consumption, particularly meat with high input costs.
PRSOM=))
In Zurich, if you wanna be specific
Reply 7
Original post by Joel 96
Religious reasons? I'm curious. The only religion I can think of where vegetarianism is vital is Jainism. Buddhism's a little more over the place on this issue and not as relevant.

But yeah, I'm a vegetarian too, for moral reasons.

Yeah, I'm a Hindu and whilst some Hindus consume meat, on the whole most of the people who are Hindu do not consume any animal products other than milk.
Definitely not, even if it guaranteed me an extra 10-15 years of life.
Reply 9
"First you need to know the rules of the game. Then you need to play better than everyone else" - Albert Einstein talking about chess :rofl:
I recently just became a vegetarian and I am loving it.
Nope, in my eyes it is a terrible idea.
Vegetarian since birth. I don't have any reason to switch to eat meat so I don't. Plus it's sad what they do to animals.

Also some MRSA strain was found in some pork recently... that's scary huh?
Original post by loveleest
I recently just became a vegetarian and I am loving it.

Me too!!

I love it :biggrin: It makes me cook more which makes me more healthy and it just gives me this sense of bettering myself through self control and also that moral sense knowing that you able to help animals in some way.
No.
Nope.
I've was a vegetarian for just over a year but have stopped recently.

I still try and minimise the amount of meat in my diet, but I am loving being able to eat a wider variety of meals- it's also sooo much easier when going round to other people's houses, meals out etc.
I mean i'd consider it in the future when i have built adequate muscle mass that i simply want to maintain and muslce building with meat is more efficient
I'm vegan, and that quote from Einstein shows great insight.
I plan on becoming one when I leave my parents' house, but for now I'm kinda embarrased to say that I wouldn't :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest