Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

CRB check. Worried on my results

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have just recently applied to work with vulnerable people. To get to my point. I was arrested just over ten years ago for having a very small amount of ecstatsy on my person. I was never crimanally convicted but i ws put on bail and i did recieve a caution. Would anyone out there help me and maybe put my mind at rest. Will this effect my job application? I hope someone can help me

(Original post by Kope)
    Hi. I have just recently applied to work with vulnerable people. To get to my point. I was arrested just over ten years ago for having a very small amount of ecstatsy on my person. I was never crimanally convicted but i ws put on bail and i did recieve a caution. Would anyone out there help me and maybe put my mind at rest. Will this effect my job application? I hope someone can help me
    You can get expert guidance from
    Nacro’s Resettlement Advice Service on 0300 123 1999

In brief they are likely to seek an enhanced check, which would ordinarily show cautions, even spent ones.

From May 2013, the government introduced a filtering system that allows certain minor cautions and convictions to be removed or filtered from standard and enhanced DBS certificates. A protected caution or conviction is eligible for filtering and does not need to be disclosed for jobs that are subject to standard or enhanced DBS checks.
    Its highly likely yours caution will be protected i.e one eligible for filtering and will not show.. Adult cautions are removed after 6 years and youth cautions after 2 as long as they arent in the list of specified offences.

I dont think you have anything to worry about, even if it was in the list of specified offences (NACRO can tell you) , then its unrelated and expired, if not filtered out. I wouldnt worry. I can look it up for you, but I'd prefer you to ring Nacro as they can answer it faster and give you reassurance.

Name:  Caution.PNG
Views: 52
Size:  86.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for you reply. I will phone nacro just to confirm. You have put my mind slightly more at ease. It is very much appreciated 😆

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.