Leaving accommodation need to make 1.5 grand to pay in two weeks...

University Navigation

    • Thread Starter

    I'm leaving my accommodation as I want to leave university. They say I need to either find a tenant to take over my room or pay the full amount. I wont have a loan anymore to pay the fees, my parents sure as hell can't pay it and even if I worked 40 hours + a week at my job I'd barely come out with £600 after tax. The next payment is due on the 17th which is 14 days, I cant make up 1.5 grand to pay it and I have no idea what to do. I cant find a tenant and there's nothing in place to help me. I feel like I'm being punished for choosing that uni isnt for me and I have no idea how I'll pay this accommodation off my own back.

    Maybe talk to student services at the university you are/were in? They're not out to punish you. I'm sure if you explain your circumstances to the university they'll understand and maybe you can come up with a payment plan that suits you better?

    Also, what were the reasons you put down on your exit form? Sometimes universities will waiver the accommodation fee if they see it as extenuating.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    what accommodation is it? If it's any good i would be interested to help you and take over?
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.