What should I do.

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I feel as if my life is spiraling out of control. I'm an idiot and I feel I'm wasting my teachers' time as I did badly in my AS. I used to be smart, I was top of all my classes in KS3 and got some of the top GCSE results in my school. But I feel as if I'm regressing. I suffer from anxiety which is going untreated as I havent been able to get a gp appointment in over a year. I feel as if I might have other underlying problems as I also have imense chest pains which cause me to faint from pain occassionally. I feel as if with my predicted grades wont get me a place at any good uni. I have an A* grade in a language A Level but some unis won't look at it. I feel suicidal a lot of the time, I feel unaccomplished, and the only thing keeping me alive is my gf. I feel as the only 'interesting' thing about me is that I'm a girl wanting to go into STEM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niikt)
    I feel as if my life is spiraling out of control. I'm an idiot and I feel I'm wasting my teachers' time as I did badly in my AS. I used to be smart, I was top of all my classes in KS3 and got some of the top GCSE results in my school. But I feel as if I'm regressing. I suffer from anxiety which is going untreated as I havent been able to get a gp appointment in over a year. I feel as if I might have other underlying problems as I also have imense chest pains which cause me to faint from pain occassionally. I feel as if with my predicted grades wont get me a place at any good uni. I have an A* grade in a language A Level but some unis won't look at it. I feel suicidal a lot of the time, I feel unaccomplished, and the only thing keeping me alive is my gf. I feel as the only 'interesting' thing about me is that I'm a girl wanting to go into STEM.
    You'll grow out of it; I promise.

There is way too much pressure on yourself for your future. You don't have to start now; you're better off fixing underlying issues, and then going. Though, everybody always has problems in life; so it's up to you.

Anxiety in students is completely normal. How old are you? You feel unaccomplished, thus want to feel accomplished, right? So accomplish things; it's that easy. Quit worrying about the inevitable, find hobbies, read a book; associate yourself with something, make friends. The possibilities are endless.

ReputationRep:
    I have a weird thing about giving out my age. But I'm an A2 student. I did have a lot of hobbies but now nothing seems fun anymore. And I don't know how to combat my problems as I feel as if people won't believe me. I'm a lesbian and from a country which is pretty conservative and that's one of the things that worries me. The only thing really have brings me happiness is my girlfriend. She keeps telling me that my health is more important than grades but my parents think overwise, they think im mking up pain to get out of doing work.

ReputationRep:
    As hard it may seem sometimes, don't take your life away for something that's temporary happening in your life. you never know when it all turns around to your favour. you're only 18-20ish you still have your whole life ahead of you, you just have to keep strong and continue working hard. you don't have to be an A* student to go uni or even getting a full-time job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donadoni)
    As hard it may seem sometimes, don't take your life away for something that's temporary happening in your life. you never know when it all turns around to your favour. you're only 18-20ish you still have your whole life ahead of you, you just have to keep strong and continue working hard. you don't have to be an A* student to go uni or even getting a full-time job.
    I know but I want to get into a good uni and also there is massive competition for jobs. I want to get decent income as I want to be able to support myself, my gf and future kids. I feel as if I have no one to talk to on this matter. My parents think I'm making all this up which hurts a lot as I feel as if no one believes me. I feel as if i could explain my situation maybe then unis would be more accepring but i have no 'proof'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niikt)
    I know but I want to get into a good uni and also there is massive competition for jobs. I want to get decent income as I want to be able to support myself, my gf and future kids. I feel as if I have no one to talk to on this matter. My parents think I'm making all this up which hurts a lot as I feel as if no one believes me. I feel as if i could explain my situation maybe then unis would be more accepring but i have no 'proof'
    best thing to do is go to the GP get some proof and show your parents so they can be more sympathy and more supportive about your situation. are you sure if it's anxiety you're suffering from because if I'm correct you said you haven't been to a GP in a while because tbh it could be something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donadoni)
    best thing to do is go to the GP get some proof and show your parents so they can be more sympathy and more supportive about your situation. are you sure if it's anxiety you're suffering from because if I'm correct you said you haven't been to a GP in a while because tbh it could be something else
    That's the issue I've been having trouble with getting an appointment to my GP. That's another issue I'm worried about as it might be something worse as my mother's side of the family, suffer from heart issues, such as murmurs. And I tried going to AE but after 6 hours of waiting time they told me to go see my gp.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts:
    You need to got to your GP! Even if you have to wait a while for your appointment, you'll get there in the end; it's not right to sacrifice your help because you don't want to wait? You can't just ignore health problems. Also, there are plenty of 'good' universities that don't require very high grades - I'm sure you'll find the right one for you - you can get a really great degree from but that it just a little less intensely pressurising. Your parent sound kinda awful but their opinions are not what's important here - your wellbeing is. You got this girl, I believe in you! Whatever happens, i wish you luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niikt)
    If you go to your GP all they will do is prescribe you anti-depresance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glassanimal)
    If you go to your GP all they will do is prescribe you anti-depresance.
    But if it will help me not feel so awful all the time I'm willing to take them, what else would you suggest doing.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.