The Student Room Group

Quantity Surveying Student Reaching Out

Hi everyone I'm new here and am currently studying BSC Quantity Surveying and what I want to know is there anybody else out there who studies itIm enjoying my degree but I do tend to struggle on the more technical aspects of it such as the taking-off (measuring procedure) and things like elemental cost planning etc. What I would like to know are there any private tutors out there that can help me outside of lectures as my University does not offer any seminars or tutorials. Are you one or do you know any or do you even know any other alternate ways of me expanding my knowledge?P.S I do read and study relevant books but there's no substitute for one on one tuition!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Archosman1
Hi everyone I'm new here and am currently studying BSC Quantity Surveying and what I want to know is there anybody else out there who studies itIm enjoying my degree but I do tend to struggle on the more technical aspects of it such as the taking-off (measuring procedure) and things like elemental cost planning etc. What I would like to know are there any private tutors out there that can help me outside of lectures as my University does not offer any seminars or tutorials. Are you one or do you know any or do you even know any other alternate ways of me expanding my knowledge?P.S I do read and study relevant books but there's no substitute for one on one tuition!!!

Hey, what's up?
How are you enjoying the quantity surveying course? I'm currently considering whether to study civil engineering or quantity surveying next September. I'd love to help you with any
Taking off if you need it. Are there many people in your class? Where are you studying?
Reply 2
Hi josh

thanks for replying to my post.. I must say though how can you help me if you havent started the course...Yeah there's quite a few but no one likes to help anyone hence l resorted to reaching out online... I attend London south bank uni in elephant and castle
Reply 3
Original post by Archosman1
Hi josh

thanks for replying to my post.. I must say though how can you help me if you havent started the course...Yeah there's quite a few but no one likes to help anyone hence l resorted to reaching out online... I attend London south bank uni in elephant and castle

Haha I did an associate degree in Building and Civil engineering (I think it's roughly equivalent to a foundation degree in the UK). We learnt all the basics of calculus, statics, mechanics, quantity surveying, land surveying, construction technology and more.
You've definitely chosen a good degree as I think quantity surveyors are in short supply.
Reply 4
Thanks mate and l hope so too.. I hope l ddidnt come across as rude because i gladly Accept any kinda of help you have to offer . Are you based in London?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending