This discussion is closed.
[_Z_]
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
If u do a BSc in Physics...or rather theoretical physics..... what job can u get apart from in research and/or teaching...?(cant think of any)..... and what is the pay like.... of course most theoretical physicists dont work for money but for the love of it and the chance to make a scientific breakthrough....
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If the degree has a lot of maths in it, you could always go into accountancy/finance/insurance. One of my friends is doing a Physics degree at Durham, and he wants to go to London and have a financial career afterwards.
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Squishy)
If the degree has a lot of maths in it, you could always go into accountancy/finance/insurance. One of my friends is doing a Physics degree at Durham, and he wants to go to London and have a financial career afterwards.
i know someone who's doing exactly the same thing to, you could always do a masters in a different subject afterwards
Squishy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
i know someone who's doing exactly the same thing to, you could always do a masters in a different subject afterwards
Hmm, I wonder if it's the same person.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [_Z_])
If u do a BSc in Physics...or rather theoretical physics..... what job can u get apart from in research and/or teaching...?(cant think of any)..... and what is the pay like.... of course most theoretical physicists dont work for money but for the love of it and the chance to make a scientific breakthrough....
If you mean a job that is directly related to theoretical physics then ... er ... there are probably few if any outside of academia!
theoffender
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [_Z_])
Any physics degree opens the door to a very wide range of possible jobs.
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theoffender)
Any physics degree opens the door to a very wide range of possible jobs.
lol are u a physicist by chance
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (6)
7.5%
Confident (11)
13.75%
Indifferent (13)
16.25%
Unsure (22)
27.5%
Worried (28)
35%

Watched Threads

Latest