Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Opinions wanted! Music Management & Studio Production/Music Courses

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking at going to uni again next year to study Music Management, and wanted a few opinions of the music courses at Bucks.

When I was 18 I went to Herts to study songwriting and found it to be a total gimmick, and understand that it's pretty difficult to get music courses 'right' - e.g. NOT sitting in a room for an hour, paying £40 to listen to gregorian monks while the lecturer is baked off his face!

I've been working for a label for a couple of years since dropping out of Herts, so I'm 21 with some fairly good experience of the industry - what do you guys think of the music courses at Bucks?

Good, experienced, non-high lecturers? Relevant coursework? Meaningful lectures? Switched-on course mates?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marnielouise)
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking at going to uni again next year to study Music Management, and wanted a few opinions of the music courses at Bucks.

When I was 18 I went to Herts to study songwriting and found it to be a total gimmick, and understand that it's pretty difficult to get music courses 'right' - e.g. NOT sitting in a room for an hour, paying £40 to listen to gregorian monks while the lecturer is baked off his face!

I've been working for a label for a couple of years since dropping out of Herts, so I'm 21 with some fairly good experience of the industry - what do you guys think of the music courses at Bucks?

Good, experienced, non-high lecturers? Relevant coursework? Meaningful lectures? Switched-on course mates?

xx

Hi marnielouise,

We've got an open day coming up at Bucks next weekend - Saturday 22 October from 10am - 3pm. Here you can meet course leaders and current students, view our facilities and hopefully get a feel for what it might be like to be a student at Bucks. Bookings can be made on our website.

We hope to see you soon!

Bucks New University.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.