Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a student currently making it through my last year of High School in France. I'm really interested in studying at Oxford but I can't make it to the Open Days. Moreover, I will be in the U.K. mid-October and I was wondering if I could find someone to show me around some college and tell me about the Oxfors University Experience.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You can visit Oxford at any time - if you explain your situation to the porters (security guys) in colleges they should be happy to let you in.

What subject are you interested in? If you contact the relevant department you might even get lucky and find someone willing to meet with you. You won't lose anything by trying.

Otherwise I can suggest asking things on here - there are a number of ex and current students happy to answer questions. There are also a number of blogs and vlogs about Oxford online which are good sources of information.

You might be able to find someone willing to meet with you but bear in mind that seeing a whole college takes a while and for most people an open day is a full day - asking someone to show you around a number of different colleges would take a few hours and is a big ask!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konstantinos21)
    Hi, I am a student currently making it through my last year of High School in France. I'm really interested in studying at Oxford but I can't make it to the Open Days. Moreover, I will be in the U.K. mid-October and I was wondering if I could find someone to show me around some college and tell me about the Oxfors University Experience.
    Thank you
    Email us at [email protected] and we can arrange a tour for you. If you are applying this cycle though remmeber to get your applciation in via UCAS by the deadline of 6PM (UK British summer time) 15th October.

Brasenose Admissions

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Take a look on the websites of the college(s) you are particularly interested in. Most f them will give you help with this problem.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Send an email to colleges of interest and it's possible they'll get a student guide to show you around. As others have said, if you turn up and say you're a prospective student and would like to have a look around they will probably let you, but it's much better to let them know in advance. This is what I did with the college I'm now at.

ReputationRep:
    I thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.