I'm 18 and signing on JSA

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm so nervous too sign on too JSA. I'm signing on Wednesday and finish college at the beginning of the year. My dad and boyfriend and encouraging me too sign on too help me find a job. I have a few questions;
    1. Can they check you've been applying for jobs? I wouldn't lie but then again I won't be applying for jobs I don't want? I'm looking for jobs everyday so looking wouldn't be a problem. Do they have a diary log or?
    2. I have anxiety and I freak out over conflict. Will the advisor be harsh in anyway? I can't deal with those situations and I'm hoping because I'm no good at public transport they send me too a closer job centre for my anxiety.
    3. Can they check your buying history? I'm buying study books atm. Please help!
    Sophie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie3241)
    Hey everyone, I'm so nervous too sign on too JSA. I'm signing on Wednesday and finish college at the beginning of the year. My dad and boyfriend and encouraging me too sign on too help me find a job. I have a few questions;
    1. Can they check you've been applying for jobs? I wouldn't lie but then again I won't be applying for jobs I don't want? I'm looking for jobs everyday so looking wouldn't be a problem. Do they have a diary log or?
    2. I have anxiety and I freak out over conflict. Will the advisor be harsh in anyway? I can't deal with those situations and I'm hoping because I'm no good at public transport they send me too a closer job centre for my anxiety.
    3. Can they check your buying history? I'm buying study books atm. Please help!
    Sophie
    1. I'm afraid beggars can't be choosers, and if you're asking for taxpayers to support you, then you will be expected to accept any reasonable offer of a job. There is no 'not applying for jobs I don't want' - lots of people have to do jobs they don't really want. You'll be expected to keep a detailed log of your search for employment and this will be challenged if there is a suspicion that you are selectively not applying for enough jobs.
    2. You'll need convincing medical evidence of this before it could be considered formally.
    3. Why would they want to? Unless you're concealing assets (i.e. you have a large amount of savings over the allowable limit' what you buy is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    1. I'm afraid beggars can't be choosers, and if you're asking for taxpayers to support you, then you will be expected to accept any reasonable offer of a job. There is no 'not applying for jobs I don't want' - lots of people have to do jobs they don't really want.
    2. You'll need convincing medical evidence of this before it could be considered formally.
    3. Why would they want to. Unless you're concealing assets (i.e. you have a large amount of savings over the allowable limit' what you buy is irrelevant.
    Hi, thanks for replying. no honestly I will apply for jobs just not all of them, I'm just nervous that's all new thing. Trust me I won't be proud going on it. My boyfriends family are very negative about it, and thlast question was irrelevant, I don't know why I just thought they could look into your computer or something. Stupid I know, I've never done all this before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie3241)
    Hi, thanks for replying. no honestly I will apply for jobs just not all of them, I'm just nervous that's all new thing. Trust me I won't be proud going on it. My boyfriends family are very negative about it, and thlast question was irrelevant, I don't know why I just thought they could look into your computer or something. Stupid I know, I've never done all this before
    The advisor will be able to give you more detailed advice at your appointment. Best of luck in finding employment.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.