Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

I need advice for my future

ReputationRep:
    My dad owns an Accounting business and I'm an apprentice of his, It was my first day today and it went alright.
    I want to chase my passion and everyday something always holds me back.
    I didn't get to experience college.
    Don't get me wrong, i go college every week (Thursdays) but it's a business school, I wanted to go college everyday, meet new people & chase my passion.
    I can do the same but when i finish work that's all I think about and I never get on to what i LOVE to do.
    What do i do? How do I accept the fact all my mates are at college but i'm not? I'm just here in my dads office working.
    Edit: I'm 16 and I face an addiction which also puts me back.

(Original post by LearnForYOU)
    My dad owns an Accounting business and I'm an apprentice of his, It was my first day today and it went alright.
    I want to chase my passion and everyday something always holds me back.
    I didn't get to experience college.
    Don't get me wrong, i go college every week (Thursdays) but it's a business school, I wanted to go college everyday, meet new people & chase my passion.
    I can do the same but when i finish work that's all I think about and I never get on to what i LOVE to do.
    What do i do? How do I accept the fact all my mates are at college but i'm not? I'm just here in my dads office working.
    Edit: I'm 16 and I face an addiction which also puts me back.
    Am I allowed to know what the additcion is?
    How did you do for your GCSE's?
    Do you have any idea what you wnat to study?

Talk to your dad and tell him. Finish the apprenticeship, but at the same time identify what you wish to do and then think about going to college next year? Earn some money as well.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.