Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 13 and I'm currently applying to uni's, I recently went to a University of Worcester open day. I love the campus and the accommodation and I do like the course however the lecturer doing the Media and Cultural Studies talk was very monotone and didn't seem passionate about the subject. I was wondering if anyone who takes the course could tell me how good it is and what the professors are like?

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open day today (funnily enough for Media and Culture) and we had a lecturer who was so enthusiastic it got me so pumped and eager to start already!!! There are no exams, you need BCC to do the course (unless something unfortunate happened, you could email the admissions person for Media and she would help you out) and overall it is such a good looking course!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    I went to the open day today (funnily enough for Media and Culture) and we had a lecturer who was so enthusiastic it got me so pumped and eager to start already!!! There are no exams, you need BCC to do the course (unless something unfortunate happened, you could email the admissions person for Media and she would help you out) and overall it is such a good looking course!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an offer to go there for 104 UCAS points and it is one of my two favourites with my other favourite being the University of Winchester who I also have an offer for 120 UCAS points so I'm currently at a cross roads as to which Uni to put as my fist choice and which to put as my second. Do you know the name of the professor who spoke to you today? I would like to know if it is the same professor who spoke to me.

ReputationRep:
    Barbara Mitra I went in June first and there was a lecturer like you described, who was very monotone but this was a different one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Barbara Mitra I went in June first and there was a lecturer like you described, who was very monotone but this was a different one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard Barbara Mitra is great, when I went I had an older man who made it seem like he didn't want to be there which made the rest of us not want to be there's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatKatyKathryn)
    I heard Barbara Mitra is great, when I went I had an older man who made it seem like he didn't want to be there which made the rest of us not want to be there's
    She is so lovely!! And same, I went again today to see if the course seemed any better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    She is so lovely!! And same, I went again today to see if the course seemed any better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by KatKatyKathryn)
    Barbara is lovely and also there's Whitney Standlee. She is 100% the best lecturer I've had ever (I did an elective module of hers in 2013 and then she gave me advice for my dissertation).

ReputationRep:
    Not doing the course so I'm unfamiliar with the lecturers, but I think you'll find across universities and indeed Worcester in general there will be lecturers who don't quite convey enthusiasm. It might just not be in their nature, or they could be having a bad day. They're only human after all.

What I will say is that, judging from my own course lecturers and the other staff I've met across uni, the majority are very passionate about what they do and they are always willing to support you in your studies.

Best of luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.