Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

I am currently at University but i want to leave i don't know if its right for me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I recently moved away to study Fashion Graphics at University. At first i was quite excited and looking forward to it, and the first week turned out well. We went out a lot with my flat mates which was fun but after that everything went downhill. I started to panic a lot, i started thinking why the hell i am still in education when im so done with it. I got all these questions and all these doubts. Why am i here? What is this degree gonna get me ? Who do i even want to be in the future?

I am also a little homesick since my boyfriend is back home but i love living alone and its great i just cant seem to find myself a place here where i fit in and where i feel happy.
    Most of my friends and family say that i haven't even tried it properly yet since this is only my third week at uni. But when you know you know. Some of my flat mates are so excited about their course and they have no doubts which worry me because I'm a complete opposite.
    I was thinking maybe i rushed into uni and maybe i should have taken a gap year. I don't even know anymore ! Help ?!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel like it, then drop out, take a gap year - only you know best what you want. But I'd suggest waiting at least a month before making a final decision. Talk with your parents about your options.

(Original post by lia3105)
    Hey,
    I recently moved away to study Fashion Graphics at University. At first i was quite excited and looking forward to it, and the first week turned out well. We went out a lot with my flat mates which was fun but after that everything went downhill. I started to panic a lot, i started thinking why the hell i am still in education when im so done with it. I got all these questions and all these doubts. Why am i here? What is this degree gonna get me ? Who do i even want to be in the future?

I am also a little homesick since my boyfriend is back home but i love living alone and its great i just cant seem to find myself a place here where i fit in and where i feel happy.
    Most of my friends and family say that i haven't even tried it properly yet since this is only my third week at uni. But when you know you know. Some of my flat mates are so excited about their course and they have no doubts which worry me because I'm a complete opposite.
    I was thinking maybe i rushed into uni and maybe i should have taken a gap year. I don't even know anymore ! Help ?!
    Talk to your tutor and talk to your welfare officer.

Many people feel homesick during the first term becayse its out of their comfirt zone, its new and they wnat whats back home. Most people settle down and establish their own independent life, then never look back.

You need to think about your course and whether you like it, what you want to do in life. Other than homesick you havent really pinpointed why you are unhappy.
    Have you joined any societies, got a regular group of friends?

If you leave and take a gap year, then what will you do?

If you stay its about now they charge for fees for this term. If you have paid for the term then id wait a bit longer as the course will be paid for then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lia3105)
    Hey,

Hello,

It's fairly common to feel the way you are feeling a majority of students do get that feeling - as others have suggested, I'd go and speak to your lecturers and the other support available to you at university. They will be able to advise you what they believe is best but at the end of the day, the decision is yours.

If you don't feel like you are ready for university just yet, drop out and then take your gap year and start back at a later day if that's what you wanted to do!

Good luck!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.