Most precious things in life...

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ....are memories.

Money, Honor, Fame, Success etc. come and go. They might be temporary, but memories are permanent.

Memories are unique and nostalgic. They remind one of the beautiful moments in life,

ReputationRep:
    I love a bit of nostalgia, but does anyone sometimes feel a little sad when they relive memories and realise those days are never coming back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I love a bit of nostalgia, but does anyone sometimes feel a little sad when they relive memories and realise those days are never coming back?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    for me its the achievements that got me to where i am today....
    okay, i'm in A level, there aren't THAT many achievemnts but i hope you see where im coming from
    But also i suppose memories are the most precious as they are after all what allow us to remember stuff (which helped me to get to where i am)

ReputationRep:
    The clear history button.

ReputationRep:
    God, family, education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Yes
    I hate to spread negativity :lol: It's weird though, a while ago when I was feeling a bit down I'd just listen to nostalgic music and sit and reminisce on good times and I'd feel happier, but I find that it doesn't have the same effect anymore.

ReputationRep:
    The most precious thing in my life are my pets as well as the memories I have of them and of all the pets I've sadly lost :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I miss when i was given little to no homework and had to do no chores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I just set everything so that all my passwords and logins are saved, whilst nothing else is recorded by my browser. Saves me lots of effort, just close the page and the dirt is gone

ReputationRep:
    You know the big problem with memories and how permanent they are? There's no distinction between good and bad. Remember that family member that died, that pet who "ran away" or the relationship that didn't work out.

ReputationRep:
    nah I just try to recreate those awesome moments :rofl:

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    tough choice between that and ctrl z :lol:

no. the best thing in life is...idek. everything has their positives and negatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    nah I just try to recreate those awesome moments :rofl:
    Tbh, when I was at the stage of reveling in nostalgia, I was pretty much just starting out my adult life. Like when I would reminisce on the time when my friends and I would be in my dad's convertible, top down, flying down the motorway with the wind flying through out hair and our favourite tunes on... I'd be thinking "When I pass my driving test and eventually get a convertible, I'm gonna do that again!" but I'm 26 now and it's just not the same anymore. Kinda like when you reminisce on awesome places you used to go to when you were younger, then you go to them again when you're older and suddenly the same place has changed somehow - it hasn't changed, you're just older and more boring now :lol: Took me a while to realise, I should just stop revisiting these old places and ruining the memories :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, when I was at the stage of reveling in nostalgia, I was pretty much just starting out my adult life. Like when I would reminisce on the time when my friends and I would be in my dad's convertible, top down, flying down the motorway with the wind flying through out hair and our favourite tunes on... I'd be thinking "When I pass my driving test and eventually get a convertible, I'm gonna do that again!" but I'm 26 now and it's just not the same anymore. Kinda like when you reminisce on awesome places you used to go to when you were younger, then you go to them again when you're older and suddenly the same place has changed somehow - it hasn't changed, you're just older and more boring now :lol: Took me a while to realise, I should just stop revisiting these old places and ruining the memories :rofl:
    Thats the whole point. It is not the same anymore, therefore those memories are soo precious. They reflect something

ReputationRep:
    This thread made my eyes well up with tears WHAT THE ACTUAL ****

ReputationRep:
    Kinda like when you reminisce on awesome places you used to go to when you were younger, then you go to them again when you're older and suddenly the same place has changed somehow - it hasn't changed, you're just older and more boring now :lol: Took me a while to realise, I should just stop revisiting these old places and ruining the memories :rofl:
    Is this really what's lying ahead? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Is this really what's lying ahead? :rofl:
    Afraid so, maybe even sooner for you as women tend to mature quicker. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, god I'm being so ****ing negative in this thread :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Afraid so, maybe even sooner for you as women tend to mature quicker. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, god I'm being so ****ing negative in this thread :rofl:
    You're being so Lana del Rey-ish, you don't even know :rofl:
    I'm honestly crying a bit right now

Most of my memories are tearful and upsetting, in fact all of them are.:emo:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Spring onions - Yay or nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.